No owner's manual or keyless entry PIN?

So I picked up my 22 Edge ST yesterday that I had ordered in September.  Everything went well until I wanted to go through the owner's manual to learn how to do everything on the large touch screen.  There wasn't one in the glove box.  The only thing in there was a plastic wrapped group of documents such as the Sirius flyer, Tire warranty and very small supplementary owner's manual.  I realize they are online, but I can't tell you how many times I've been out somewhere with a bad fuse or even changing a tire and used the paper manual.  What if the battery is dead?  Also, the keyless entry code always comes in a card inside the manual.  It was nowhere to be found.  

I went back to the dealer today and they at first said someone will find it for me, then said there isn't one, but there should have been a keyless entry card, but they can't find that either.  I did look and found a way to get the keyless code through inserting both key fobs in a slot in the console.  They said because you can access the manual through the touch screen, which you can, they don't give you one anymore.  I'm not sure I believe them as they also didn't tell me the truth about the Ford ESP extended warranty either.  They told me there was no such thing anymore and would sell me a 3rd party warranty through someone called MPP.  I looked on Ford's website and they do still have the ESP and said I could get it directly from them.  

So, does anyone know if that's true that there are no manuals in the 22s now?  Thanks!

The info regarding the digital manual replacing the paper one seems to be correct. See this link from Ford, the footnote states the following:

**On vehicles with digital owner manuals, the paper manual will be dramatically reduced but not fully eliminated.

As for your worry of accessing it with a dead battery, you can also access it through your phone (link).

For the key code, I couldn't find any info, as far as I can tell, there should've been a card provided. If where you I'd raise a serious concern with the dealer on its whereabouts as it can provided access it's holder access to your vehicle. They should provide it to ensure no one else took it.

Yes, there is no paper manual.  It really sucks.  What is even WORSE, is that the digital manual on the screen is written like they are trying to save paper.  It's digital so they really COULD have been more verbose.

I did find online a pdf version to download.  I normally use the manual in the house anyway. 

https://carmanuals2.com/ford/edge-2022-owner-s-manual-119602

You can buy a printed manual (OEM Factory Kit) for $60. (There's a link to get 10% off). (This may be the same manual that was included with your new car).

This kit Includes an Owner's manual, case, Quick Reference Guide, Tire  warranty Guide, Driving Guide and  Supplement. 

(Note that there's only 3 available).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125177045072?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=vB6ickDWSTe&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=Snv36mbbRk2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

On 4/25/2022 at 9:44 AM, akirby said:

Manuals are free at  owner.ford.com and www.motorcraftservice.com.

I get that they are free online.  I can't tell you how many times over the years I was glad I had a paper manual for fuse locations, lug nut torque and many other things.  Maybe I need to buy something and need the specs of the car and I don't have access to search the internet?  Just sad that this was stopped.  I'll probably buy one.

12 hours ago, Davidoo said:

I get that they are free online.  I can't tell you how many times over the years I was glad I had a paper manual for fuse locations, lug nut torque and many other things.  Maybe I need to buy something and need the specs of the car and I don't have access to search the internet?  Just sad that this was stopped.  

Its still there via the touch screen.  Or you can download it and save it on your phone.  Or just print out the things you might need.