How to do a "speaker walk test"

I had a 17 Fusion Energi that had all the bells and whistles and you could do a speaker walk test where it would play a tone on each speaker to verify they all worked.  There were some other cool things in that diagnostic menu.  There was a sequence you pushed, such as the Eject CD and volume up, I think, that activated this.  

Now I have a 22 Edge ST and can't figure out how to get into those screens.  There's no CD eject key.  I saw one post in the Bronco forum that said press the next station search on the steering wheel, and the one on the FCIM (not sure what that is), but there is a up station search physical button on the dash next to the tuning knob.  I tried that sequence and nothing happens.  Anyone know how to get into this on the Edge with the big 12 inch screen?

Thanks!

Edited by Davidoo

Thanks Haz.  It is late now, but I will try this tomorrow.  What does it mean when it refers to "audio control panel?"  I have a few physical buttons on the dash near the power on and tuning button, and the rest is controlled by the 12 inch video screen.  Do I have an audio control panel?  

Edited by Davidoo

On the 2022 Edge, the Audio Controls Panel is at the bottom of the touchscreen and is removable from the touchscreen's backside...

Audio Controls Panel-Touchscreen Assembly Illustration - 2022 Edge Workshop Manual.jpg

I've not run the Procedure, but you might try the below-marked button combination first, to see if that works, and then try the steering wheel controls method, and please report back on the outcome...

(The following image has been struck-thru by Haz, due to its being incorrectly marked...)

Audio Control Panel Image STRUCK-THRU - 2022 Edge HTML Owner's Manual.jpg

(The following corrected image has been added by Haz...)

Audio Control Panel Image CORRECTED - 2022 Edge HTML Owner's Manual.jpg

Since you have the B&O system in your ST, perhaps you'll enjoy the PDF download link below...

Good luck!

B&O Audio - 2022 Edge.pdf

Edited by Haz
  • Like 1

It didn't work for me.  I tried the one with the Volume button you have circled in red (I assume that is the same thing as what they call the "on/off button" in the direction attachment you included), and the seek down button (you had highlighted in red the seek up button on your graphic, but the attachment said to hold the seek down button).  I tried this for the full 20 seconds the attachment states, and then even longer, but nothing happened except the radio turned off when I released the buttons.  I tried the same combo with the seek up button as you highlighted, but it didn't work either.

I also tried the steering wheel seek left and steering wheel volume down buttons and this didn't work either.  In both cases, I held the buttons down simultaneously as it directs.  I'm probably doing something very simple wrong.  I had the radio on an FM station as the directions state (AM/FM) mode.  

The directions say to "Place the ignition mode to on."  I pressed the button without hitting the brake, so the car didn't start.  Is that the "on" mode, or does it have to be running?  It isn't clear exactly what "Place the ignition mode to on" means, and maybe that is where I erred as when I pushed the ignition button without starting the car, it went into accessory mode.  

Edited by 1004ron
Really no need to quote everything including all images

Sorry that I wrongly marked the seek button.

(The following has been struck-thru by Haz, due to it being incorrect. Please refer to Workshop Manual description in next post by Haz, below...)

The first momentary push of the button is Accessory Mode, the second momentary push of the button is Ignition Mode, during which the warning light icons in the gauge cluster should light up and you may hear several chime tones that subsequently go quiet, while some of the gauge cluster warning light icons will stay lit, until a third momentary push of the button shuts everything back off.

Good luck!

Edited by Haz

Apparently mine doesn't work like that.  When I push the start button once it chimes and the cluster lights up and displays a message that it is in full accessory mode.  A second push shuts it off.  It is either accessory or off.  I don't have an ignition mode.  This is all without my foot on the brake.  If I put my foot on the brake, of course the car just starts, but the test doesn't work that way either.  Guess I'll give it up for now.  All the speakers are working fine, just something I thought was cool on my prior Ford.

Thanks for the B&O guide too, Haz!

You are kind and generous in your reply, but I have served you poorly by commenting off the top of my head, without referencing the Workshop Manual.

From the 2022 Edge Workshop Manual, on Push Button Start operation, modes of ignition readiness, and LED ignition mode indicator behavior...

Ignition Switch - Push Button Start

The ignition switch - push button start (engine start/stop button) is a momentary contact switch that is hardwired to the BCM and the PCM . The ignition switch - push button start is used to obtain the OFF, ON or START ignition modes.

Push Button Ignition Switch

The push button ignition switch is used to control the ignition mode.

Ignition Entry Condition Desired Ignition Mode Action To Take
Off ON (engine off) Press the START/STOP button without applying the brake pedal.
Off or on START Apply the brake pedal and then press the START/STOP button.
On (engine off) OFF Press the START/STOP button.
On (engine running) OFF Press the START/STOP button.

Ignition Mode LED Indicator

The ignition mode LED indicates the ignition mode of the vehicle. The BCM controls the voltage to the ignition mode LED indicator. Refer to the following table.

Ignition Mode Ignition Mode LED Indicator
Off Off
On (engine off) Flashing
On (engine running) On

OFF

When the ignition is in the ON mode, a single press and release of the START/STOP button (without applying the brake pedal) changes the ignition to the OFF mode. No programmed key is required to change the ignition to the OFF mode when the vehicle is running.

If the vehicle is in motion, a momentary press of the START/STOP button does not shut the vehicle off. If the vehicle is moving at a speed greater than 15 km/h (9 mph), the START/STOP button must be pressed and held for longer than one second (or pressed 3 times within 2 seconds) to turn the ignition off.

ON

When the vehicle enters ON mode, multiple indicators in the IPC prove out and the IPC displays the gear selection and the vehicle mileage.

START

The vehicle temporarily enters the START mode if the brake pedal is applied when the START/STOP button is pressed, and a valid programmed key is detected within the vehicle.

After the ignition has completed the vehicle start sequence, the ignition mode returns to ON and the ignition mode LED in the START/STOP button illuminates steadily.

The engine can be started from any ignition mode.

I hope this additional information equips you to successfully access the Bezel Diagnostics function, to conduct the Speaker Walk-Around test or to access any useful Sub Menu tests or other data points.

Below is a PDF download link to another B&O Audio info sheet, as a token of my appreciation for your generous attitude...

Good luck!

B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen - 2022 Ford Edge.pdf

Edited by Haz
  • Like 1

Thanks Haz.  According to the documents above, I do have ignition mode on when I press the start button once without applying the brake.  My start button light is blinking, and that also indicates ignition mode is on with the engine off.  So, I should be able to enter the walk test by pushing the buttons as previously instructed, but it just doesn't work.  No biggie, everything works well.  Maybe someone else with a 22 can try and see if it works for them.  Thanks so much for all your help and the great documents on the B&O system.  It is a great audio system. 

Try this. Put the car in accessories mode.

Using the information Haz provided (mainly the corrected image), press AND HOLD the on/off switch. While holding it, press the seek down button. HOLD until the system goes into diagnosis mode and the speaker test starts. About 5-10 seconds.

22 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

Try this. Put the car in accessories mode.

Using the information Haz provided (mainly the corrected image), press AND HOLD the on/off switch. While holding it, press the seek down button. HOLD until the system goes into diagnosis mode and the speaker test starts. About 5-10 seconds.

I have tried that.  Just doesn't work.  The instructions say to "simultaneously" press the on/off and the seek down button.  Are you saying to press the on/off first, then the seek down?  That is different from the directions, but I tried it and held them for almost a minute.  Nothing happens.  Thanks for trying to help.