2022 Edge ST, does this look right?

KamSTeDge

Just had the Borla cat back installed on my 2022 Ford Edge ST, sounds absolutely awesome. But it looks to me like the 2 rear mufflers hang too low, Borla says it looks normal. I think it looks a little ugly to be honest. Any recommendations on what can be done to raise them? Pictures attached 

9268BA14-CCE6-44F2-BAF5-1EA034D68F0C.jpeg

• Like 1

just thinking out loud here but in the image on this page https://www.borla.com/products/ford-edge-st-cat-back-exhaust-system-140766 the tubes forward of the rear-most exhaust pieces, look like they are bent upwards a tiny bit.

any chance the installers put them in upside down? first thing i would do is have a look under there.

• Like 1

Well, I got off my lazy butt and walked out and looked at the back of my 2020 edge ST. I have the MRT Exhaust on it, and they look just like your mufflers. I wonder if it’s got something to do with the set up on these and fitting the mufflers where they’re going. The stock mufflers actually fit all the way towards the rear end up kind of out of sight. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ben senise said:

just thinking out loud here but in the image on this page https://www.borla.com/products/ford-edge-st-cat-back-exhaust-system-140766 the tubes forward of the rear-most exhaust pieces, look like they are bent upwards a tiny bit.

any chance the installers put them in upside down? first thing i would do is have a look under there.

Ya I think you are right. I will give them a call. Thanks 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sage said:

Well, I got off my lazy butt and walked out and looked at the back of my 2020 edge ST. I have the MRT Exhaust on it, and they look just like your mufflers. I wonder if it’s got something to do with the set up on these and fitting the mufflers where they’re going. The stock mufflers actually fit all the way towards the rear end up kind of out of sight. 

So does the MRT exhaust hang like that ? It looks really odd and I’m liable to hit something sooner or later.

22 hours ago, KamSTeDge said:

Just had the Borla cat back installed on my 2022 Ford Edge ST, sounds absolutely awesome. But it looks to me like the 2 rear mufflers hang too low, Borla says it looks normal. I think it looks a little ugly to be honest. Any recommendations on what can be done to raise them? Pictures attached 

Your Borla system appear to be installed correctly , The Borla and MRT systems are similar from the axel back with twin mufflers. This is the MRT axel back system on my Sport. There is no way to tuck them up higher and still have room for the mufflers. I am considering installing the aFe Vulcan 2 1/2 inch cat back system, dumping their transverse muffler and retaining my MRT axel back because I prefer the look and sound of it. I like the Borla system's better overall design but for the  2 1/4 inch tube they use. 

Glad you like the sound,  Is there any drone when crusing at 70 or 80 mph and you go up a hill ?  My car is quiet at 70 to 80 MPH until it has to work a little like going up a hill and then the drone kicks in. I have to down shift or speed up to stop it,  most annoying. 

IMG_0910.jpg

Edited by Xtra