Radio now turns on by itself on every start

Just a couple of days ago I noticed the sound system comes on immediately on its own whenever I start the car.  It turns back on to whatever I had it set to, usually Sirius/XM.  I have tested this multiple times by turning it off manually where the large center display says "Sound off."  Still, whenever I press the ignition button it comes back on.  Never did that before.  

The only thing that happened is that I had the windshield changed out due to a large rock hit.  Very sad to happen on my 22 ST with only 6,000 miles.  They did hook up a laptop to "calibrate" the sensors, and I did have a problem with the wiper blades not parking themselves correctly, which they came back and fixed the next day (they didn't have them lines up correctly with the marks on the windshield for the parked position).  Just don't see how that can be related.  I haven't done any kind of reset yet as not wanting to have to re-pair my phone and all the presets and other settings.  I searched for this online and found limited information and nothing directly for the newer Fords with Sync 4 and the large screen.  Any ideas?

Dave

Sync4 is just weird sometimes.  I have issues that intermittently show up.  (Fails to display the USB playlist or shows Sirius while USB is playing.)  I never know what may pop up each time I start the car.  But it's all little stuff - just annoying and totally intermittent.  Next time you start the car it will be fine.  I haven't taken it in about this.  I've received some OTA updates since and it doesn't seem to act up as often. 

I've done a master reset on the 2022 and I did NOT lose my presets.  I just had to repair the phone and the app. 

Your problem sounds almost like "seat memory" or MyKey.  I don't think the audio system is set up for that, though. 

Hope you specified a Ford Approved windshield as Ford is denying warranty on several areas with aftermarket windshields. 

As far as radio, there was a guy on F150 forum that had several electrical problems after windshield replacment. Traced to water entry at bottom on glass, corroded electrical connectors in instrument consul.

38 minutes ago, enigma-2 said:

Hope you specified a Ford Approved windshield as Ford is denying warranty on several areas with aftermarket windshields. 

As far as radio, there was a guy on F150 forum that had several electrical problems after windshield replacment. Traced to water entry at bottom on glass, corroded electrical connectors in instrument consul.

Yes, I insisted on the OEM windshield.  When they installed it I saw the same FoMoCo part number on the w/s as the one I had.  Hasn't been wet since I had it replaced.  I really don't see how the w/shield replacement could have caused this.  Possibly it did it before this and I just didn't notice because most times I just leave it on all the time.