New 2020 Titanium owner - did I make a mistake?

Pugs

Greetings. We just purchased a 2020 Edge Titanium with ~ 33K miles. I had done some research on the Edge prior, and have a few friends who own Edges that love them. But now I'm seeing talk about issues with the engine, transmissions slippage, etc. It is a certified used car, so I have some protection. Just wondering what you all have experienced, especially those with the 2020 and with higher miles. Did we make a mistake?

Thanks for all the feedback. It will be much appreciated.

The coolant intrusion issue was supposedly fixed for the 2019 model year for the Edge. I think most of the issues with the transmission are related to the 6F35 (harsh shifting, flex plate breaking) which was last used in 2018 in the Edge.

While the 2019+ engine does have some new things (the EGR cooler), the 8 speed transmission has been around since 2019 (in the Edge, since 2017 in some other vehicles) and I haven't seen any trends of high failure rates or issues.

I personally bought a 2019 at the end of its powertain warranty and felt good not opting for the extended warranty that was over 10% of the purchase price. It already suffered the EGR cooler failure, the PCM update done and the cooler replaced.

• 1 month later...