Greetings from Jacksonville Florida

daveberry

My wife's car is a 2013 Ford Edge. I'm not a huge fan due to really dumb dash radio controls and lack of really good electronics compared to our old 2006 HHR. I'm also 6 foot 4 and the driving position is marginal for a tall person. I prefer my 1999 F-150 that has 215,000 miles.

This car is really loud, lots of road noise and even though I've installed sound deadening, its one of the noisiest cars I've ever owned. However it runs good and over 86,000 miles no major problem except driver side A/C blend door motor which i replaced myself. I also changed the rear hubs thinking they were already worn out. The noise never got better. Pirelli tires are loud!!

Edited by daveberry

Welcome. Sounds like you are not a fan, but hopefully you find enough redeeming qualities to keep it around.

My father is 6'5" and I though he would hate my 2019 with the pano roof, but other than exaggerated swinging of the knees under the steering wheel, he thought it was just fine. The roof does make it closer to my head than I like, but this is the first vehicle I can't drive with the seat all the way back. I also have the seat back pretty vertical, if I was to recline it a bit I would be further away from the ceiling, but all Fords I have had are taller seat bottoms and more upright backs, and I just find it comfortable and and easier to drive that way.

They are noisy, I am used to much quieter sedans, but it is quieter than the 2017 Escape it replaces (which isn't hard, it is a thin tin can with felt inner wheel wells). Between wheel noise and air noise, I just crank up the tunes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sound deadening material i put the rear under the spare tire helped a whole bunch..but I think its the Pirelli tires that make it so loud. Our car was a lease return when we bought it, with just 20,003  miles on it.  Beautiful condition and it had the pirelli low profile tires. Handles great, but very loud road noise.  I'm not a hater....just find the driving position not great for someone 6 foot four.  And if I could  have, i would have already replaced the factory radio which is terrible. But overall a trouble free vehicle. I need to change the spark plugs out which i'm dreading, since so much needs to be pulled just to get at the rear bank.

Edited by daveberry