Ford 2015 Factory HID to LED conversion

Hey guys

Anyone is aware of a way to make the OEM factory HID Lights on Edge 2015 Titanium any brighter?

It seems i can barely see at night with those Factory lights. 

Perhaps a Conversion KIT from HID to LED would be the best option since HID are limited at 35W and dont seem to be anything with more power. 

I heard of a 50W HID light bulbs but not sure if its worth it.  Apparently those 50W HID's will last for less than 2000 hours of operating time. 

Did anyone ever convert HIDs to LEDs on an Edge? and/or anyone ever tried using the 50W HIDs?  if so any recommendation on what needs to be bought and where to buy it.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I doubt that you would like light from LED after running with HID. OEM LEDs use assemblies designed specifically for their physical characteristics. As are HIDs. You can't run LEDs in a reflector designed for HIDs and get a satisfactory result. (LED headlights don't use replaceable bulbs).

HID will dim over time, possibly that's the problem. Don't know how many hours your HIDs have  been used over the last 8 years. Maybe you need to replace them?

This site discusses HID dimming and what to look for. 

https://www.xenonsonline.com/blogs/news/hid-headlights-in-depth

• Like 1

Are you sure they are HID? HID are optional and only available with the 302a group with the Titanium (the most obvious other included item is the Enhance Park Assist and front camera).

I thought I would like the LED headlights that are standard in my 2019, but I would rather have HID. A properly functioning HID setup is much better for your vision and for not blinding on coming traffic.

I had very diminished light output with a very early HID vehicle after 8 years, and replacing the bulbs restored 90% of that (the other 10 was 8 year old reflector and hazed lenses). I tried upgrading to more modern bulb and ballast/ignitor, but the light output was not in the correct place.

• Like 2