2015 Ford Edge radio help

I bought an upgrade kit to upgrade from the Sync 2 to Sync 3. Overall the upgrade was pretty easy and straightforward. I did however disconnect the cd player/brain of the radio system which I didn't need to do to begin with. In doing so I broke the plastic connector and trying to fix it I completely tore up the tip of the cable. I'm going to have to cut off the end of the cable and replace it but I don't know what it is called, what to search for or where to search. Please help. 

Screenshot_20230614_175943_Gallery.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to try to help me out however this isn't the part I'm looking for. I broke the plastic connector and mangled the metal tip of the connection so I need to replace the end of the cable. This part doesn't look like it has the same connector on the end plus it says it doesn't fit my vehicle. 

Little confusing. Is it the socket on the radio or the plug on the end of the cable that buggered up? A better picture (close up) of the actual damage might be if help. 

You need to accept that neither are easy to find as a repair item. You will probably need to make a jury-rigged connection to remake the connection. Or send the radio into a repair service. I doubt these sockets are readily available to the public.

If it's the plug end, you'll probably have to get a partial cable (a cut off) from a junk yard and splice it onto your existing cable assy.

Welcome to the Forum, Chris24k !

As enigma-2 mentions, seeking a cutoff cable end from a salvage yard should be far easier than replacing the full antenna cable, which I'll describe shortly.

In order to locate a potential connector-donor Edge in your area, you could try the Car-Part.com search engine...

image.png.d73adac54e91e824c0f41d51850f193b.png

...and designating on the secondary Search page...

image.png.7de8fd251acd8343128530e9baa002fa.png

image.png.8330217a69802a52adce24029121c38a.png

...and while the search results are for Edges equipped with the same radio/Front Audio Control Module (ACM) as your Edge...

image.thumb.png.61d222c26e408aa84fe25073204e1fe8.png

...this should ensure that the antenna cable-end connector-cutoffs the salvage yard provides you will match-up with your Edge's ACM/radio...

1987781812_Screenshot_20230614_175943_Gallery-CroppedEnlarged.thumb.jpg.5ff4d00f8e42ef243e3d0f365be7557b.jpg

If you know your way around a soldering iron and some electrical tape, this will be easier than entirely replacing the front-to-rear antenna cables, as described in the following Workshop Manual section...

Document download links> 

Audio Unit Antenna Cable - Vehicles With Touchscreen Display - Removal and Installation - 2015 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Wiring Repair Job Aid (Partial).pdf

It's worth noting that the ACM wiring diagram lacks any antenna cable-end connector identifier and also shows the antenna cable is one-piece from rear-to-front...

169404078_AudioFrontControlModule-WiringDiagramHIGHLIGHTED-2015Edge.thumb.jpg.eaca9a646bdaec87014863e5526700f5.jpg

...whereas the replacement antenna cable is two-piece and is zip-tied to the harnesses containing the original antenna cable from the rear

1796313243_Rearantennacableroutingfromantenna-IllustrationfromAudioUnitAntennaCableRISection.thumb.jpg.4abffee4af2b47de1a0563d9a83a3842.jpg

...along the floor...

1229898848_Rearantennacableroutingonfloor-IllustrationfromAudioUnitAntennaCableRISection.thumb.jpg.cfc96f8fb85c8dcd7f3d3de624929078.jpg

..and the second antenna cable piece is routed up to the ACM...

66407912_Dashantennacablerouting-IllustrationfromAudioUnitAntennaCableRISection-HIGHLIGHTED.thumb.jpg.4eb619ab0e39e15a1fccef8b2e3e255a.jpg

Good luck!

Edited by Haz
  • Like 1