Tall People and the Vista Roof

Hi All,

I was just wondering what the taller Edge drivers think about the Vista roof. Does it cut into your headroom too much? I'm 6'4" and opted to not get it due to it cutting on my head room ... just curious what those of you as tall or taller than me think.

N_O

Edited by Night_Owl

Hi All,

I was just wondering what the taller Edge drivers think about the Vista roof. Does it cut into your headroom too much? I'm 6'4" and opted to not get it due to it cutting on my head room ... just curious what those of you as tall or taller than me think.

N_O

I'm 6'3" and never thought about it. I don't have any problems because the power seat goes far enough down and back for me. Amy wanted the roof, so we got it and we enjoy it.

what is the difference between a vista roof and a non vista roof inside... booth are roofs, you must have a roof over your head, how is the profile different? it is that significant to not get it?

anyway.. that BAMR roof kicks butt - a huge part of why I love that car. could not envision not having it.

I think there is a little less headroom with the Vista roof. I'm 6' 2" & have no problems. I did originally concider the MKZ, but couldn't get the seat comfortable & sit up straight at the same time.

Ya, it does cut into the headroom. The way it is designed there is 2-3 inches more headroom in the Edge without the Vista roof.

this I did not know.. but just open it so your head sticks out.. then room is not an issue ;)

That said, does anyone know if Ford can install the Vista roof after the fact?

but, this is not possible

Ya, I sat in both with the seat as low as it could go in both models and the BAMR does cut into the headroom a few inches.

Are you sure about not ebing able to add a BAMR to a normal roof? It looks like you can pop off the standard roof as there is a rubber seal around it and it looks like it is an entirely separate piece that can be removed.

Ya, I sat in both with the seat as low as it could go in both models and the BAMR does cut into the headroom a few inches.

Are you sure about not ebing able to add a BAMR to a normal roof? It looks like you can pop off the standard roof as there is a rubber seal around it and it looks like it is an entirely separate piece that can be removed.

well, I guess I cannot say I am 100% sure. but, I seem to recall reading comments on this before AND I wonder, after the fact, can they really just 'pop' out that "piece" and throw in a BAMR? I would say not likely.

also think about this.. not just the BAMR itself (glass, rails/track, motor) but ALSO you need a new set of switches to control them in the headliner where the sunglass case is presently as you only have the light/map switches and any relays and fuses and wiring to power the unit and BAMR need to possibly be added and/or run and an entirely new head liner that has the cutouts and retractable awning & its mechanism... I mean come on.. at that stage, it must be crazy expensive too retro that in and I bet no dealer wants to undertake that nightmare or the responsibility.

well, I guess I cannot say I am 100% sure. but, I seem to recall reading comments on this before AND I wonder, after the fact, can they really just 'pop' out that "piece" and throw in a BAMR? I would say not likely.

also think about this.. not just the BAMR itself (glass, rails/track, motor) but ALSO you need a new set of switches to control them in the headliner where the sunglass case is presently as you only have the light/map switches and any relays and fuses and wiring to power the unit and BAMR need to possibly be added and/or run and an entirely new head liner that has the cutouts and retractable awning & its mechanism... I mean come on.. at that stage, it must be crazy expensive too retro that in and I bet no dealer wants to undertake that nightmare or the responsibility.

Lex is right. DOH!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...