Power Liftgate not opening

edwcler

I have a 2019 Edge ST with a power liftgate.  The other day, I was opening it when it was next to the garage door. Thought I had enough room, but didn't. I stopped the door with my hand, and it reversed, and I stopped it again and then it didn't move anymore.  I closed the door by hand, and it latched.  After that, It won't power open or close.  The remote or button on the dash will unlatch the door, but the actuators won't work.  I checked the 30A fuse in the engine compartment which was good.  There seems to be another fuse in the passenger compartment, but there is no way I can get my hands in there to check the fuse, let alone pull it and replace it.  I tried disconnecting the battery, and that didn't work either. Is there anything else I can check before taking it into the dealer$hip? 

Edited by edwcler

• 4 weeks later...

See if this helps. One thing that can cause this is to manually close the liftgate, but not latch it.

To reset the power liftgate:
1. Disconnect the battery for 20 seconds then, reconnect the battery.
2. Manually close and fully latch the liftgate.
3. Power open the liftgate by using the integrated keyhead transmitter, or the instrument panel control button.
Note: If the power liftgate system is turned off in the message center, the system cannot be activated with the outside release handle or rear cargo area control button. The system will need to be turned on to resume operation with the outside release handle or rear cargo area control button. The power liftgate is still operational through the use of the remote entry transmitter and instrument panel button when the power liftgate is turned off in the message center.”

Edited by enigma-2

You might also need to set your opening height of the liftgate. Manually move the liftgate to the max opening height or wherever you want it.

Then press and hold the open/close button until it beeps for confirmation. Hopefully this may be all it needs. I'm thinking it might've gotten confused?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am also having the same issue. Exactly the same. Liftgate was hitting the garage door so I stopped it with my hand. Now it doesn’t work anymore. I tried the reset on the liftgate. It beeped but still doesn’t work. Seems like this should be easy to resolve….but how?