Wiper Blades

edgeidiot

Tried to find a discussion about wiper blade replacement.  Have a 2020 Edge and first tried Trico Premium Ceramic, but the supplied adapter would not fit.  Found the part number for the Ford OEM blades: FT4Z-17528-CA and FT4Z-17528-BA and ordered online from a dealer.  The blades came in Motorcraft boxes with different part numbers:  WW-2760-A and WW-2755-A.  These blades are available from ebay and Amazon with free shipping.

With Amazon and eBay its hit and miss getting the OEM beam type wiper blades and that's why I order them only from RockAuto.com

The part numbers have changed but I couldn't find any difference with my recent purchase last month.

Price including shipping was lowest from RockAuto.

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 2.24.16 PM.png

I know and have mostly used the motorcraft beam wipers for quite a while, but I've had to replace these inside a year the last few replacements.  Searching for a better alternative I saw that project farm did a look at different blades and found bosch icons came out on top.  My experience so far has been that they are indeed better than the motorcraft blades.  You could make a value a case for increased cost but I just find the bosch is a better blade period - cost as an aside.

On 2/10/2024 at 9:01 PM, edgeidiot said:

und the part number for the Ford OEM blades: FT4Z-17528-CA and FT4Z-17528-BA and ordered online from a dealer.  The blades came in Motorcraft boxes with different part numbers:  WW-2760-A and WW-2755-A.

As per the Owners Manual, the part numbers listed are the MotorCraft numbers, WW-2755 (driver side)   WW-2760 (passenger side)   WW-1414 (rear window).

On the MotorCraft packaging, both, the Ford and MotorCraft numbers are mentioned. 

After seeing my photo, I just noticed there are newer part number with (-A) in the suffix. Can't see the difference except for packaging, plastic for the old ones and carton for the newer ones.

Screenshot_2024-02-12-18-43-45-31_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Edited by omar302
  • Like 2

omar302  the only difference that I could see was with the rear wipers mounting clip, its slightly different.

I stick with these because the front ones are lower profile than any other brands I've seen, so that when they're in the parked position there's very little of them visible from the drivers seat, and they last 2 to 3 years for me.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 10:16 AM, TourGuide said:

I know and have mostly used the motorcraft beam wipers for quite a while, but I've had to replace these inside a year the last few replacements.  Searching for a better alternative I saw that project farm did a look at different blades and found bosch icons came out on top.  My experience so far has been that they are indeed better than the motorcraft blades.  You could make a value a case for increased cost but I just find the bosch is a better blade period - cost as an aside.

On my own I found the Bosch Icons, and they went on no issues, there are different part numbers for the driver and passenger side.  Only thing, is the the passenger side hits the upper corner of the windshield frame slightly, making a noise.  Checked to make sure I had it fully seated on the wiper arm, but nothing seems out of place.