Window Tint

Does anyone have a picture of 35% tint on their vehicle? I want to get it done, but I want to make sure it isnt too dark. I played around with photoshop and to see how dark I would like it, and this is what I came up with. Maybe some folks out there could estimate how dark this is.

Thanks

Original Photo:

tint3.jpg

What I want my tint to look like:

tint1.jpg

best stock match is 20% if you want to match rest of the vehicles stock 'tint'.. search tint here and you can see many photos of it... 35% might look a bit off & disjointed IF you seek a good match.. if not, well...

Im not looking to match the back windows exactly. I just want something that wont look completely illegal(which I think the 20% would look) but still make a difference as far as appearance and sunlight.

Would you think the photoshopped picture looks more like 20% or 35%?

Thanks

Im not looking to match the back windows exactly. I just want something that wont look completely illegal(which I think the 20% would look) but still make a difference as far as appearance and sunlight.

Thanks

sorry.. have no clue.. not even sure, unless you are a tint expert, how you could guess for sure what your Photochop tint is close to, but I sure can't... I CAN tell you, it is not 20% looking as 20% looking is pretty darn close to stock and that is clearly much lighter.

Edited by Lex Talionis

Thanks

Looks just like 35%. Ours has 17%....

post-4426-1235008733_thumb.jpg

Here is mine with 20%. It is matching with the rest of the windows. I live in SC and passed many cops and they honestly really dont care.

I wish cops didn't bother people around here(Louisiana) with tint. I got pulled over for 20% on my old truck. I have heard that 35% should be light enough to where cops wont notice much.

I wish cops didn't bother people around here(Louisiana) with tint. I got pulled over for 20% on my old truck. I have heard that 35% should be light enough to where cops wont notice much.

35% is the "norm" when it comes to legal tint. IMO, as long as it's not solid black in the daylight, you should be ok....SHOULD. I can't stand riding in a car with none at all....like a fishbowl.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I had 20% on my Intrepid, with Florida tags. Of course, this was back when 20% was legal in Florida. I got pulled over once in GA and once in NC, but all I did was show the FL driver's license and registration and I was on my merry way. I am going this weekend to have the front windows done on the Edge, but I am not sure which level I am going to do yet since I currently have TN tags. I will eventually swap the registration to my old FL tags.

I need to get mine done here sometime too..... would love to match the back, but as was mentioned with the state inspection here in NC that kinda makes it hard (though I work at a dealership that does inspections so for now it wouldn't be a prob, but if I left.....). We'll see..... definitely makes it look a lot better though!

I have been tinting my windows since 1989. I got pulled over in 1990 by a Michigan State Trooper and recieved a ticket. But, he told me If i had a letter from a Opthamologist stating that i required the tint to releive eye strain,the ticket woould be nulified. I did that aned it was taken care of. I have been stop many times since then,and after showing paperwork from Doctor, i have always been let go. For some reason, tinted windows has been a real sore spot for State Police, never been pulled over for it by a local cop.

Nothing makes a car look better than tinted front door windows, watch commercials for the auto companies, when they show their cars on the road, all the windows are tinted very dark.

• 4 weeks later...

Dingo, that looks very sharp.

I have thought about doing my front sides & back to match the rear sides. The legal limit in Florida is 28%, but for those of you who have done this, I've always wondered if there were film brands that I need to make sure the installer stays away from. I'm not interested in having bubbles in a couple of years.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Peace,

DM

• 2 weeks later...