Finger Prints on GPS Display

Tired of finger marks on U’r nav display? :angry: Here’s a simple solution. Make U'r own stylus. Get a Popsicle stick :do what: or wooden coffee stirrer & sand one end smooth enuf to satisfy U’rself. Drill small hole in other end for string, yarn or ribbon. Use bright color so it’s easy to find when U drop it on floor. :yup: Price is right & as added bonus it’ll extend U’r reach. :lol: If U'r lucky U might find color matched string, yarn or ribbon like I did. U know that fiery orange :extinguish: :yup: color.

post-5957-1240460723_thumb.jpg

Edited by dadrett

hold the phone..... :headspin: your saying you use a popsicle stick to interact with your nav screen? you actually hold a stick and push the touch screen & have a tether tied to it incase you drop it like little kids do with their winter gloves? ha haa ha haa .. where was this post April 1?

seriously, this is an odd one.. I just got a screen protector of eBay early on and it 'helps'

hold the phone..... :headspin: your saying you use a popsicle stick ....

seriously, this is an odd one.. I just got a screen protector of eBay early on and it 'helps'

Don't knock it 'til U've try it. Oh, I get it, :doh: it's the Popsicle stick. Maybe a bamboo chopstick. How about a shish kebab skewer? Nah, U'd have to use a number drill for "tether" hole.:hysterical:

Edited by dadrett

Just put one of those green felt stickys on your fingertip.....you know, the ones you put on your chairs as to not mar your freshly sanded, stained and clear coated hard wood floor......kinda makes it hard to pick your nose though :victory:

I knew there was at least one other person out there with a sense of humor! :)

Could it be because U & I both have that fiery citrus color? :extinguish: :yup:

Tired of finger marks on U’r nav display? :angry: Here’s a simple solution. Get a Popsicle stick :do what: or wooden coffee stirrer & sand one end smooth enuf to satisfy U’rself. Drill small hole in other end for string, yarn, ribbon. Use bright color so it’s easy to find when U drop it on floor. :yup: Price is right & as added bonus it’ll extend U’r reach. :lol:

A glass cleaning cloth kept handy is, err, easier.

:blink:

:o

wow.

:)

We keep lens cloth in our...I mean, my WIFE'S, MKX. I keep telling her that if she gets it dirty as hell with her fingerprints it probably won't look as bad as if she cleans it everyday (and she does, trust me).

Edited by bluetexan

A glass cleaning cloth kept handy is, err, easier.

DJ, but what about joy :happy feet: U'r kid gets from Popsicle U buy so U :woohoo: can have the stick?

stop using your fingers and just use your knuckles

Lex, what about those whose knuckles don't drag on the ground? :headscratch: U know, the ones who are extremity challenged. :hysterical2:

PS: Can U believe we've got 12 posts about a GPS (Generic Popsicle Stick?)? :rolleyes:

Edited by dadrett

I use the 5 Star Microfibre Cleaning Cloth that came with my 22" Samsung LCD monitor or Mircrofibre cloth

cddvd_cloth2.jpg

Or I bought this product for my Ipod touch and my wife and my cellphones it called Invisible shield invisibleshield I might email them and see what they have for our ford nav's

My son has one of the invisible shields on his Iphone. Will you let us know how it works, I was thinking the same thing might work. I too have a small reading glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth that I clean mine off with too. It just doesn't last long enough so maybe the invisible shield might work. Hopefully it is the answer. Thanks

I started this thread 1/2 in jest, 1/2 tongue-in-cheek, 1/2 joking, :hysterical: but since U’all (except BlazedUp) are replying seriously, I’m going to chime in. Post #1 asks, “Tired of finger marks on U’r nav display?” If’n U’all are answering :yup:, seems to me, solution is to not have finger marks to begin with. So all U’r good suggestions about how to remove these smudges miss the point. I use screen protector on my Sony CLIE hand-held (out of date :boring: PDA) & only reason there are no finger marks is because a stylus is used on touch screen. Screen protector protects against scratches & reduces screen glare. U'd still have fingerprints :doh: if U touch the screen protector. Perhaps should have begun seriously be suggesting use of a 1/4" acrylic rod with one end rounded by filing & sanding & hole drilled for string.

PS: Yes, I actually use "stylus" shown in Post #1. :rockon: Can U see it came from orange Popsicle? I'm using a Peet's coffee stirrer in my F-150, but it's too narrow for tether hole. I use it anyway 'cause it's longer, longer being better.:shades:

Edited by dadrett

I started this thread 1/2 in jest, 1/2 tongue-in-cheek, 1/2 joking, :hysterical: but since U’all (except BlazedUp) are replying seriously, I’m going to chime in. Post #1 asks, “Tired of finger marks on U’r nav display?” If’n U’all are answering :yup:, seems to me, solution is to not have finger marks to begin with. So all U’r good suggestions about how to remove these smudges miss the point. I use screen protector on my Sony CLIE hand-held (out of date :boring: PDA) & only reason there are no finger marks is because a stylus is used on touch screen. Screen protector protects against scratches & reduces screen glare. U'd still have fingerprints :doh: if U touched screen protector. Perhaps should have begun seriously be suggesting use of a 1/4" acrylic rod with one end rounded by filing & sanding & hole drilled for string.

Emoticons = peanuts!

Hey...wait a minute...1/2 in jest, 1/2 tongue-in-cheek, 1/2 joking...but that is...where is that calculator..three halves...that can't...doesn't add...more than one whole...oh, I get it!!! :hysterical:

Hey...wait a minute...1/2 in jest, 1/2 tongue-in-cheek, 1/2 joking...but that is...where is that calculator..three halves...that can't...doesn't add...more than one whole...oh, I get it!!! :hysterical:

Hey Podjo, long time no read. I knew an astute individual, such as U'rself, would ssus out suttleness. Is suttleness a real word? :headscratch:

Edited by dadrett

Had lunch at a nice :shades: Chinese restaurant yesterday. Couldn’t resist. :woohoo: Had to bring a set home. :yup:

Here for edification of those of the Asian persuasion. :lol:

post-5957-1240722793_thumb.jpg

If I can find silver cord, this will probably replace Peet’s coffee stirrer in my F-150. :hysterical:

Edited by dadrett