WTB underfloor cargo trays

bmitchell4

Goto parts.com, enter 2007 Lincoln MKX as your vehicle, and search for the word cargo. It's $29 for each side there. The description is Storage compart Left - W/cargo management - W/cargo management .

it looks to me like they have a savings of $29 each, but the price is $117 each instead of $146.

Seems like a lot of money for a couple of plastic storage bins to me.

Darn it all, I think I might have coughed up the cash for them if they were only 30 bux a piece. :shades:

it looks to me like they have a savings of $29 each, but the price is $117 each instead of $146.

Seems like a lot of money for a couple of plastic storage bins to me.

Darn it all, I think I might have coughed up the cash for them if they were only 30 bux a piece. :shades:

It wouldn't take much to hollow out the styrofoam that is in there now-----I've considered doing that to my '08 LTD. :happy feet: That would save a bunch of money. An electric knife (borrowed from your wife) allows you to work wonders with styrofoam!

It wouldn't take much to hollow out the styrofoam that is in there now-----I've considered doing that to my '08 LTD. :happy feet: That would save a bunch of money. An electric knife (borrowed from your wife) allows you to work wonders with styrofoam!

Not worth it to me to butcher up some styrofoam that if I screw up would cost me an arm and a leg. Besides, my wife doesn't have an electric knife, she uses me!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Cutting up styrofoam is easy-- an electric knife costs about 10 bucks-- or perhaps find a model airplane builder to help you! :rockon:

A hacksaw blade with the plastic handle on one side works great on styrofoam and is even cheaper than the electric knife.

• 1 month later...

I haven't checked yet, but there may be enough room to carve out a space in the underfloor foam for ball mount storage for my hitch. Anyone try this yet?

I finally got around to this. I used a bread knife for the most part and just broke out what i couldn't cut. It works great and did not compromise the support of the floor/spare cover.

I also use a compartment on the right side to store my spare key. If I lose a key somewhere, I won't be stuck. The keypad will get the car open.

post-9502-058954000 1277561620_thumb.jpg

Edited by Franklee

I finally got around to this. I used a bread knife for the most part and just broke out what i couldn't cut. It works great and did not compromise the support of the floor/spare cover.

I also use a compartment on the right side to store my spare key. If I lose a key somewhere, I won't be stuck. The keypad will get the car open.

Looks like an excellent job. Very neat and useful :yup:

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...