New 2010 EDGE Limited

KenS2K

Hi all. We just added a new 2010 Edge Limited to our garage. Looks pretty good and drives ok... but the build quality has me less than impressed. 2nd day we had the EDGE I was washing it and noticed the front bumper is VERY loose on the drives side. Upon inspection I can see missing fasteners that were obviously never installed. Took it to the dealership whom looked it over as well. They agreed that the parts were never there... and now it sits parked waiting for the parts the dealership had to order. Bolts, clips, upper retainer bracket, etc... Maybe it will be back together before the holiday. :banghead:

"Quality is job 1"??? Anyone else have missing parts on their brand new Edge??? :reading:

post-8071-1259007486_thumb.jpg

post-8071-1259007498_thumb.jpg

post-8071-1259007510_thumb.jpg

Edited by KenS2K

That is definitely unfortunate. I think the consensus around here is that we all love our Edges, even though some have a fault or two, as with all car companies. It sucks that your Edge is sitting and waiting, butI think that you wil really start to enjoy it after this hurdle. Welcome!

That is definitely unfortunate. I think the consensus around here is that we all love our Edges, even though some have a fault or two, as with all car companies. It sucks that your Edge is sitting and waiting, butI think that you wil really start to enjoy it after this hurdle. Welcome!

Agreed.

It happens.

Seems like the fenderwell clip is missing. Also, the front bumper will clip into the fender but it has to pushed hard......and I mean hard. Your bumper looks exactly like my wifes after a run in with a deer. That really does suck to have this issue on a new car, but it does happen. Hope you get everything taken care of to your satisfaction.

Seems like the fenderwell clip is missing. Also, the front bumper will clip into the fender but it has to pushed hard......and I mean hard. Your bumper looks exactly like my wifes after a run in with a deer. That really does suck to have this issue on a new car, but it does happen. Hope you get everything taken care of to your satisfaction.

There's nothing to clip to. The clips and upper retainer bracket are MIA.

Unfortunate, but don't let this issue make you dislike the vehicle. Once all the bugs are out, you will find it to be very capable, comfortable and fun to drive. Good Luck!

I won't blame the vehicle for the incompetence of it's builders. But I do find it inexcusable for a vehicle that retails for over 40k.

• 1 month later...

Hi all. We just added a new 2010 Edge Limited to our garage. Looks pretty good and drives ok... but the build quality has me less than impressed. 2nd day we had the EDGE I was washing it and noticed the front bumper is VERY loose on the drives side. Upon inspection I can see missing fasteners that were obviously never installed. Took it to the dealership whom looked it over as well. They agreed that the parts were never there... and now it sits parked waiting for the parts the dealership had to order. Bolts, clips, upper retainer bracket, etc... Maybe it will be back together before the holiday. :banghead:

"Quality is job 1"??? Anyone else have missing parts on their brand new Edge??? :reading:

Re the customer survey, I never did get one about my vehicle. I admit to being a bit surprised about it. I got two about the dealer experience. Back to the subject. I agree that stuff happens and i really like my edge, but it would behove Ford to remember that one of the reasons people switched to Japanses brands was the buy and drive (for a long time) ability that they got with a Japanese car. Also, how many comments on things like Edmonds and negative web searches start putting people off regardless of how well (or not) it is fixed.