Sirius Radio

Platinum White

I just went to a different dealer who did a real diagnosis. It turns out that the "Audio Control Module" is the culprit. It has to be ordered, naturally.

I had called and cancelled the Sirius service and the guy on the phone said I could restore the service for 1/2 price. Price sounds somewhat better now.

I don't know if the Ford radio will support it, but Sirius offers a short version of their service for $6.99/month. It is ALACART-- you pick the 50 stati0ons that you want.

My Edge didn't come with the Sirius built in, so I transferred my old XM to it. Then I read about how you can get a Sirius receiver that will allow ALACART service. I cancelled the XM and activated a new Sirius Stratus 6 ($49) from Ratshak--- Finally, I don't have to pay fro a bunch of crap stations that I have absolutely no interest in--

Getting that Sirius receiver activated--- well, that was a whole new problem-- I t5alked to an Egyptian, A Phillipino, a Central American, and then on the 4th call trying to get someone who would listen to me instead of reading their spiel to me, I got really pissed off and demanded that they transfer me to somone in the US who speaks English----

Sirius still hasn't stopped my service. My 6 month free subscription was suppose to end at the end of November. It's now 7 months, and still receiving Sirius.

Could I get you to buy me a "Power Ball" ticket?

They cut us off a day early, BUT now they want us back $20 for 5 months.

ab

• 3 weeks later...

I am so pissed at Sirius radio, and having just bought two new 09 Fords (Edge and Sport Trac) and having had my first experience with Sirius, I am NOT going to pay for the service. It started with me calling, to hear the 10 minute sales pitch on what THEY wanted me to purchase, then figuring out that you are limited as to what plans you can purchase, of course ONLY the highest price packages. Then once they state you the advertised rate, oh yea, then there is a premium for licensing the music?? WTF?? So I decided, even with my Edge having the Travel link, which BTW you CAN NOT active without a Sirius plan, I said forget it. I am not going to spend $20 a month for a service to listen to music that is NOT commercial free and has just as much DJ BS going on... Whatever, I will go back to free music and be just fine.... I think Sirius is a JOKE and a hugh scam.... I am sending Ford a complaint as well, as I DO NOT think you should have to buy a car with that stupid black bump if you have NO reason or desire to purchase Sirius... Rant off.

Back whe XM was XM it was great. Just music and a lot of variety. Since Sirius took it over it sucks. They play a limited music variety, at least on the channels I like and the dj's get too much airtime, the whole reason I originally got it. The last couple years I have used my radio in my office, but am to the point where I can't stand it anymore and cancelled it. Got an ipod for the car and the office. And their harrassing calls are too much.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question that somewhat applies to this topic. I recently purchased an '09 Edge used. The Sirius free 6 months had already run out. Considering it wasn't me who used it, I thought Sirius would have a deal where I could try it for free and if I liked it I would pay for it. When I called I got a man overseas who had the nerve to laugh at me when I asked what they could offer me and then told me he wasn't going to 'sugar coat it for me'. I was so mad I emailed their customer service. The woman who wrote back was nice but basically told me if I wanted free service I had to pay for a year in advance. Hello! Why am I going to pay for something I don't even know if I will like. For now, I have chosen not to pay for the service. We may end up calling only because we are going overseas and it would be nice to have some American music to listen to. Has anyone else had this issue or can anyone provide some pointers as to how to handle this? Thanks in advance.

I have a question that somewhat applies to this topic. I recently purchased an '09 Edge used. The Sirius free 6 months had already run out. Considering it wasn't me who used it, I thought Sirius would have a deal where I could try it for free and if I liked it I would pay for it. When I called I got a man overseas who had the nerve to laugh at me when I asked what they could offer me and then told me he wasn't going to 'sugar coat it for me'. I was so mad I emailed their customer service. The woman who wrote back was nice but basically told me if I wanted free service I had to pay for a year in advance. Hello! Why am I going to pay for something I don't even know if I will like. For now, I have chosen not to pay for the service. We may end up calling only because we are going overseas and it would be nice to have some American music to listen to. Has anyone else had this issue or can anyone provide some pointers as to how to handle this? Thanks in advance.

Personally, Sirius is not all its cracked up to be. I cannot even get a signal while driving through any Parking Garage. We are still within our free trial, but I never listen to it anymore. Its not commercial free and they repeat the same songs over and over again probably do to limited selection. While they do offer some good choices, its not for me. I actually use my phone to stream the my playlists and Pandora over bluetooth. I also have a couple of MP3 CD in the 6 disc change. Each CD gives me about 5 hours of continuous music. For me, streaming my music or listening to an MP3 CD is better considering I am only listening to the songs I like. I could pay $300 and have Sirius service for the timeframe I own the car and not have to worry about the monthly fees, but its really not worth it to me.

Good Luck on your decision :reading:

Edited by k_m

You mean satellite signals can't penetrate several feet of solid concrete? :shades:

It cannot penetrate through any kind of surface. Wether its the malls garage, hospitals garage, etc.... Our Mall's garage is only 2 levels. I cannot even get a satellite signal on the top level which has a top covering, but its not several feet of concrete. Whats even worse the satellite's signal cannot even penetrate through the roof over our local gas stations. Whats sad is I can listen to standard FM broadcast radio in those places I cannot pull a satellite signal. :banghead:

Edited by k_m

It cannot penetrate through any kind of surface. Wether its the malls garage, hospitals garage, etc.... Our Mall's garage is only 2 levels. I cannot even get a satellite signal on the top level which has a top covering, but its not several feet of concrete. Whats even worse the satellite's signal cannot even penetrate through the roof over our local gas stations. Whats sad is I can listen to standard FM broadcast radio in those places I cannot pull a satellite signal. :banghead:

You need to fix your sarcasm detector.

Apparently you don't understand the difference between Radio signals and Satellite signals. There is a reason you see satellite dishes on the outside of houses and not on the inside.

You need to fix your sarcasm detector.

Apparently you don't understand the difference between Radio signals and Satellite signals. There is a reason you see satellite dishes on the outside of houses and not on the inside.

Dont be so sensitive. :cry:

I am stating that Sirius is not all its cracked up to be. So people may like it and other will not. Everyone is different and have different likes and dislikes.

Dont be so sensitive. :cry:

I am stating that Sirius is not all its cracked up to be. So people may like it and other will not. Everyone is different and have different likes and dislikes.

But you said it as if you were surprised that Sirius didn't work inside the parking garage. That was the amusing part. Sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, Sirius is not all its cracked up to be. I cannot even get a signal while driving through any Parking Garage. We are still within our free trial, but I never listen to it anymore. Its not commercial free and they repeat the same songs over and over again probably do to limited selection. While they do offer some good choices, its not for me. I actually use my phone to stream the my playlists and Pandora over bluetooth. I also have a couple of MP3 CD in the 6 disc change. Each CD gives me about 5 hours of continuous music. For me, streaming my music or listening to an MP3 CD is better considering I am only listening to the songs I like. I could pay $300 and have Sirius service for the timeframe I own the car and not have to worry about the monthly fees, but its really not worth it to me.

Good Luck on your decision :reading:

I don't really want to fork out $300 for something I am not sure I will like but there is another twist. We are getting stationed overseas and I think it would be nice to get American channels. I am thinking about calling the dealership and asking them to work a free trial for us. Has anyone else had any luck with this? I can't imagine I am the first one with the issue.

Sirius still hasn't stopped my service. My 6 month free subscription was suppose to end at the end of November. It's now 7 months, and still receiving Sirius.

I have had my Edge for one year now and they never cut mine off after the six months free trial. I wish Ford had not given them my phone number, because for several months they were calling me with their annoying and harassing calls day and night and even on Sundays. I would never answer, so they gave up, but never cut me off.

I have had my Edge for one year now and they never cut mine off after the six months free trial. I wish Ford had not given them my phone number, because for several months they were calling me with their annoying and harassing calls day and night and even on Sundays. I would never answer, so they gave up, but never cut me off.

I spoke too soon. Finally got mine cut off after 8.5 months of free service. So I called them and was able to get a 1 year subscription for $6.90 a month.