2011 Availability? Pricing?

lowesdell

I believe I read that production will start July 1? Anybody have any idea when pricing will be available on the fordvehicles website?

Also, I am not sure about the Vista roof, cost and reliability. Have there been problems with it?

Does it void the warranty if I get my own powered sunroof put in?

Anybody ever get an aftermarket sunroof? Rough cost? Reliability and quality?

I believe I read that production will start July 1? Anybody have any idea when pricing will be available on the fordvehicles website?

Also, I am not sure about the Vista roof, cost and reliability. Have there been problems with it?

I'm sure if you search the web you can find an answer to when pricing will be available.

As far as the roof I find it odd you would opt for an aftermart unit when speaking in terms of reliability.

Don't you think a production unit made for a vehicle will be more reliable than a universal sunroof?

Kind of a no brainer for me. I love teh Vista Roof and havent had any issues.

A few isolated problems with the roof not closing properly have appeared but nothing widespread.

The only thing an aftermarket sunroof would void is if installing it actually damaged something (wiring e.g.). Only damage specifically attributable to the installation of the sunroof would disallowed. It won't affect other warranty issues.

Aftermarket sunroofs can be just as reliable as the factory roofs IF you have a good product with a good installer. In fact the good ones are probably identical to what the factory uses. The trick is finding a good shop that knows what they're doing. Check with the local dealers - they usually have shops on speed dial for customers who want one added to an in-stock vehicle.

A few isolated problems with the roof not closing properly have appeared but nothing widespread.

The only thing an aftermarket sunroof would void is if installing it actually damaged something (wiring e.g.). Only damage specifically attributable to the installation of the sunroof would disallowed. It won't affect other warranty issues.

Aftermarket sunroofs can be just as reliable as the factory roofs IF you have a good product with a good installer. In fact the good ones are probably identical to what the factory uses. The trick is finding a good shop that knows what they're doing. Check with the local dealers - they usually have shops on speed dial for customers who want one added to an in-stock vehicle.

I agree with parts of both responses in that I am sure one of the aftermarket installers sells to the factory and can be just as reliable if chosen properly. I would prefer factory installed, but after just a little research, the Vista is about $1000 more than a standard powered sunroof that I have on my 05 Escape, which was factory installed. I just don't need to spend 1000 extra for a sunroof that is too big for my tastes when a standard size is sufficient.

As far as pricing on the 11, I have not found anything. Back in Feb, a dealer told me they may have one in May or June that I could look at that they will be using for sales training that they will invite some customers to see. I will occasionally see something at "priced around...", but I would like to know specific pricing and mileage. I am ready to get a new vehicle and may just go with something like an Equinox if Ford just teases with pictures, videos and features on their website. I can't believe they do not know pricing and mileage if they are only 2 months away from production. Maybe just trying to sell more '10's?

I agree with parts of both responses in that I am sure one of the aftermarket installers sells to the factory and can be just as reliable if chosen properly. I would prefer factory installed, but after just a little research, the Vista is about $1000 more than a standard powered sunroof that I have on my 05 Escape, which was factory installed. I just don't need to spend 1000 extra for a sunroof that is too big for my tastes when a standard size is sufficient.

As far as pricing on the 11, I have not found anything. Back in Feb, a dealer told me they may have one in May or June that I could look at that they will be using for sales training that they will invite some customers to see. I will occasionally see something at "priced around...", but I would like to know specific pricing and mileage. I am ready to get a new vehicle and may just go with something like an Equinox if Ford just teases with pictures, videos and features on their website. I can't believe they do not know pricing and mileage if they are only 2 months away from production. Maybe just trying to sell more '10's?

Selling the 2010s is part of it. Ford will release the order guides to the dealers 6-8 weeks before production starts. You don't have to wait for them to just "show up" at the dealer to get pricing and option information - it will all be in the order guide.

I can't imagine anyone who wants a sunroof NOT liking the Vista roof even more. Have you test driven one?

Selling the 2010s is part of it. Ford will release the order guides to the dealers 6-8 weeks before production starts. You don't have to wait for them to just "show up" at the dealer to get pricing and option information - it will all be in the order guide.

I can't imagine anyone who wants a sunroof NOT liking the Vista roof even more. Have you test driven one?

I guess my main concern is do I want to spend the extra money if there will be problems down the road, but if the problems are rare I would probably go ahead and get the vista.

I meant seeing one at the dealer as seeing an actual car, I know the pricing should be out before then.

Any ideas on how long it usually takes from when production starts to when a typical dealer has a decent supply? We have one dealer here in St. Louis that is one of the top Ford dealers in the country so would they have a slight advantage in getting more, sooner?

Thanks for the responses.

My local Ford dealer will have a 2011 Edge on display this Saturday May15th. not sure of a test drive but I will ask the business manager about pricing, incentives etc and when they will be available for sale. For pictures, new features etc go to You Tube and search 2011 Ford Edge, many vids...

Ron

The 2011 order guide has been out for 2 months, but the pricing has not yet been released. So anything you hear from anyone - including a dealer - is just a guess. My guess is it won't be significantly different from 2010 pricing comparing equal features.

As for how long from production to dealer - that too is just a wild guess. With a new model like the 2011 Edge they will hold production until they've built several thousand vehicles and confirmed that there aren't any problems. Depending on how many problems come up and how quickly they can be fixed, that can take anywhere from 6 weeks to 3 months.

My local Ford dealer will have a 2011 Edge on display this Saturday May15th. not sure of a test drive but I will ask the business manager about pricing, incentives etc and when they will be available for sale. For pictures, new features etc go to You Tube and search 2011 Ford Edge, many vids...the Edge pictured is a Limited AWD

Ron

vsdx74.jpg

1enk2q.jpg

66w2yo.jpg

2n6acn5.jpg

2uij0bm.jpg

ndo45k.jpg

2gt28vc.jpg

s5cz79.jpg

Edited by 1duFos

Hey Ron, where about in Ontario is the dealership? I live in Toronto.

Thanks, Wayne.

It was at the Ford dealer in Aurora called Mc Alpine

They were only having the car for the day, so they told me. No idea where it was going from there, the sales guy said the Edge was making a tour to all the dealers. Maybe phone Ford and ask them where it will be on view next.

I have to apologize for not mentioning the dealer in my original post.

It was at the Ford dealer in Aurora called Mc Alpine

They were only having the car for the day, so they told me. No idea where it was going from there, the sales guy said the Edge was making a tour to all the dealers. Maybe phone Ford and ask them where it will be on view next.

I have to apologize for not mentioning the dealer in my original post.

Hey no problem, thanks for the info.

Hi, I agree with everyting said, vista roof is the way to go. Plus in Canada there's a package (60T) call tourism package. You get the vista roof for 1850$ and you get the GPS free (700$). Just ordered mine friday.

PAT

Hi, I agree with everyting said, vista roof is the way to go. Plus in Canada there's a package (60T) call tourism package. You get the vista roof for 1850$ and you get the GPS free (700$). Just ordered mine friday.

PAT

Hey Pat, may I ask what the pricing is compared to last years. Also, are the options/standard features much different to the US models?

Thanks, Wayne.

Hey Pat, may I ask what the pricing is compared to last years. Also, are the options/standard features much different to the US models?

Thanks, Wayne.

Hi Wayne,

I was going for the 2010 model, when my salesman point me that the GPS is now 700$ Can$ instead of 2300$. When my salesman went to see someone at the Financial departement he left the price sheet on the desk and I took look here's what I saw (took picture with my cell phone) SE FWD 27999$, SEL FWD 33999$, SEL AWD 35999$, LTD FWD 37799$, LTD AWD 39799$, SPORT AWD 43499$, add 1400$ to all the prices for shipping. The main difference is 2010 model in Canada came with the power lift gate as standard on LTD, now you are require to buy the drivers entry package that come with remote start, alarm, push start button and lift gate at 1000$ all other option are almost same price. New package call Tourism (I have no clue if it will be the same in english but here in Québec its tourisme package) Vista Roof and GPS for 1850$. Adaptive Cruise control is 1500$, HID headlight is 600$ (I could't resist for this one). So all this in canadian dollars, I have no clue for US, check with your dealer.

See U

PAT

P.S sorry for all the mistakes.....Try to do my best in english

What about the all new MyFordTouch dash?

Hello akirby, looks like I'm following you from the Fusion forum -- now getting into the market for a 2011 Edge and waiting for the MyFordTouch, waiting for a 2011 to arrive on a local lot to take a test drive and check it, then order the combo we want.

So I'm also interested in the dates for the ordering guide to become available.

Jeff

Called my local dealership and they said the order bank for the 2011 Edge is open. Another dealer near me has a full 'build it price it' link on their main page; http://www.crowfootford.com/cochrane-ford.php. Just select a 2011 Edge and you can see the MSRP for all available models and the price breakdown for all options, (Canadian).

I was surprised when my dealer advised me to wait until the current round of Ford incentives ends June 30 before placing my order. Apparently the %0 financing is not available on the 2011 Edge with the current promotion, (Canada). He said he could certainly put the order in, and I'd be one of the first in town to get one, (want a 2011 Edge Sport), but waiting for the next round of incentives which would most likely apply to the new Edge would likely save me some $$ in the long run. They're also not as flexible to negotiate at this point on the 2011's as they will be a few months from now.

I'm impressed with that level of honesty. These guys have my business for sure.

Any idea when EPA mileage will be avalable?

What about pricing available in US? Isn't it possible that Edges may have different MSRPs in different countries even when the exchange rate is taken into consideration?

You can't compare prices between countries - period. There are too many factors that go into the local pricing that go beyond exchange rates.