EPA MPG

NoCaDiver

I have scoured the internet and have found nothing. Since I am new here I am wondering if any of you have heard any legit rumors on the MPG for the 3.7. I would imagine that it has to be higher than the 3.5L.

Just looking for input.

Thanks.

Why would it have to be higher? It's larger with more power. If we're lucky it will be the same as the 3.5L. Otherwise I'd expect it to be real close - within 1 mpg or so.

According to this article, the 3.7L Edge Sport will get the same EPA rating as the current 3.5L Sport.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38241533/ns/business-autos/

i hate clicking on forum links, though I think we are on the same track....what I have read is 18/26 mpg which is better than the Raptor (14 mpg) and the Landcruiser (13 mpg). I'm happy with it.

Correction to the fuel economy rating. After viewing the window sticker from Ford's website for the Edge Sport AWD we are to receive next month, the fuel economy rating is 17/23 MPG and 19 combined.

Here's the proof: http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=2fmdk4ak4bba06397

Edited by NoCaDiver

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My Wife's limited is averaging 15.5 MPG combined. I am less than impressed. I thought it would get at least 19mpg combined. The sticker on the car is just a highly inflated guess of what Ford dreams of having.

Just curious if you are resetting the MPG average with each fill up or are you calculating manually. Also, how heavy your foot is has a lot to do with the mileage you get. I am at around 20 (based on the gauge), still first tank though but that is all around town and just plain running to play with things.

• 4 weeks later...

My Wife's limited is averaging 15.5 MPG combined. I am less than impressed. I thought it would get at least 19mpg combined. The sticker on the car is just a highly inflated guess of what Ford dreams of having.

Hmmm, I am guessing she drives with a very heavy foot. I got 24.1 on my first tank - that was calculated the old fashion way ( the car was saying 24.4) and I only have about a 1/4 of a tank left on my second tank and the Milage estimate in the car right now is 26.7, I can't wait till it gets broken in.

So far I am very happy with gas milage.

• 3 weeks later...

I've only put 3,630 on my 2011 Edge 3.5L AWD, but have ranged 19.2 - 24.1 with an overall average of 22.1...so far.

I've only put 3,630 on my 2011 Edge 3.5L AWD, but have ranged 19.2 - 24.1 with an overall average of 22.1...so far.

I've got 1300 miles on my 2011 Edge SEL (FWD) and I'm averaging 20.4 MPG. Disappointed to say the least and not what I was expecting. Dr.Cpk, is your Edge AWD or FWD?

Edited by ewmiller

I've got 1300 miles on my 2011 Edge SEL (FWD) and I'm averaging 20.4 MPG. Disappointed to say the least and not what I was expecting. Dr.Cpk, is your Edge AWD or FWD?

What kind of driving? all city? or?

I average at the moment 20MPG I have a SEL FWD with 4000 miles

Edited by 1duFos

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm not sure how Ford got those values..... I'm getting no more than 13 in city, and no more than 21 in the highway. And I'm being very conservative, starting slow on the lights and stops, and coasting when I can, and never over 65.

You guys do realize that the tests are conducted by the EPA, not Ford? Besides that the conditions in which they are tested are absolutely ideal (fuel-to-air, temperature, humidity, gear changes, etc...), and are far from realistic driving conditions. You should always take the EPA estimates as that, estimates.

I average around 20mpg from my 2011. 3.5L, with about 50-50 highway-city driving. To me, for an older style V-6, thats pretty damned good.

Here is the EPA website on how they test:

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/how_tested.shtml

You guys do realize that the tests are conducted by the EPA, not Ford?

Here is the EPA website on how they test:

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/how_tested.shtml

You might want to read the link you posted more carefully.

Manufacturers test their own vehicles—usually pre-production prototypes—and report the results to EPA. EPA reviews the results and confirms about 10-15 percent of them through their own tests at the National Vehicles and Fuel Emissions Laboratory.

The EPA certifies all the results but the mfrs actually do most of the actual testing.