Ford Edge X-Plan PriceList (or A)

Hi,

Does anyone here have the x-plan price list? (or A - I think X is 4% above A).

Hi trockli. :D The correct way to find the price of a particular vehicle is to go ta Ford Dealer and tell them you are looking to buy a vehicle on the X-Plan. Once you find one you like, ask the Dealer to show you the Factory Invoice (not the Window sticker). On that Factory Invoice is a box labeled "X-Plan". The price in that box is the X-Plan price. Ford requires the Dealer to show you the original copy of the Factory Invoice, so do not accept hand written figures or any other substitutes.

Or as Ford explains it on the AXZ-Plan website:

"1 - The dealer is required to provide you with a true copy of the factory invoice showing the X-Plan/Partner Recognition price on the line labeled X-Plan. You should also receive a complete and signed AXZD-Plan Pricing Agreement showing each item and its price. Do not sign this form if it is blank or if you do not understand how the price was calculated. All added items must be documented on this form, including negative equity on trade, and gifts.

2 - The X-Plan price is the amount shown in the box labeled "X-Plan" near the bottom of the factory invoice. The New Vehicle Purchase Program price includes advertising, finance costs, transportation, fuel charges and Ford Motor Company administrative fees. The dealership may not charge extra for these items.

3 - The New Vehicle Purchase Program customer is entitled to the price in effect at the time the vehicle was invoiced. Any money refunded to the dealer by Ford Motor Company for price increases occurring after the order is submitted, but before shipment to the dealer, must be refunded to the customer."

As far as how X-Plan is figured, it is calculated like this for Ford and Mercury vehicles - "Dealer Invoice - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice) + $275 Administration Fee".

For Lincoln vehicles it is - Dealer Invoice + (0.6% * Dealer Invoice) + $275 Administration Fee".

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Good Job bbf2530 - very complete.

I would add----

If you are seriously considering this specific vehicle, ask them to run a VINCENT for all available incentives for your zip code. You might have a choice of a rebate or reduced interest rates through FMCC, rebates for military/college grads, or even qualify for "dealer cash" which you would not see in any other incentive summary. As a "plan" buyer you would usually get this also, where retail buyers would not. Some incentives are local, so don't expect everything that someone across the country got.

X-Plan PINS can now be issued in a business name - a relatively recent change to the program.

You can get x-plan pricing on a Ford website (based on information provided with your PIN # request. Make sure your sponsor gives Ford your e-mail address so they can send you the instructions/passowrd. (but you will have to see the dealer for all the VINCENT or current incentive info. ) Remember, if you order a vehicle, the incentives can change and in the U.S. you can only qualify for the incnetives available at retail delivery.

(I have heard that Canadian customers can lock in incentives - ?????)

Good luck - Enjoy

Edited by Grey

Thanks all. Obtained the pin and can now see the X price.

Not as great as I expected. Actually, on our company web site it isadvertised as 0.4% below invoice. Ford's x-plan is way above invoice!

Example: 2010 Limited AWD

MSRP: $35,070 x-plan $33,340 invoice: ~32k

I got already a better offer without any of the official cash backs for less than the invoice. Granted, the dealer might get "dealer cash" that I'm not aware.

Thanks all. Obtained the pin and can now see the X price.

Not as great as I expected. Actually, on our company web site it isadvertised as 0.4% below invoice. Ford's x-plan is way above invoice!

Example: 2010 Limited AWD

MSRP: $35,070 x-plan $33,340 invoice: ~32k

I got already a better offer without any of the official cash backs for less than the invoice. Granted, the dealer might get "dealer cash" that I'm not aware.

Actually the x plan price is now 0.4% below actual dealer invoice PLUS $275. Your $32K invoice estimate is wrong. If you're using edmunds or kbb.com then you have to add about $500 to cover the FDAF fees that are part of the actual dealer invoice which X plan is based on. If X-plan is $33,340 then true dealer invoice is around $32,900.

Remember that with X plan you can't be charged more than $75 doc fee. Without X plan doc fees can be as high as $400 or more. If there was dealer cash then that would most likely be available to x plan buyers in the form of additional rebates.

Beware of any offer below invoice - they're making it up somewhere. There is no reason for them to sell one below invoice.

akirby,

This makes sense. Now I understand. The good news is that dealers are willing to offer below invoice regardless (before deducting any rebates). Is this a common theme these days?

Do I have to pay Destination & Delivery ($ 775) with x-plan?

Edited by trockli

akirby,

This makes sense. Now I understand. The good news is that dealers are willing to offer below invoice regardless (before deducting any rebates). Is this a common theme these days?

Do I have to pay Destination & Delivery ($ 775) with x-plan?

The X plan price includes EVERYTHING except tax, tag and registration. Delivery, FDAF, fuel surcharge, etc. are already figured in and do not get added to the X plan price.

akirby - right on as usual.

Many people forget that there are more elements and considerations beyond the amount over/under invoice. Trade-in, financing, add-ons, fees, rebates/dealer cash, etc. can completely alter the "net deal".

Alarms should go off when a dealer says "You won't ned a PIN, I'll sell you a vehicle at x-plan without it."

Alarms should go off when a dealer says "You won't ned a PIN, I'll sell you a vehicle at x-plan without it."

Exactly! Because most people don't realize that the dealer gets a spiff check from Ford for each x plan sale - a few hundred bucks if I remember correctly. So ask yourself why the dealer would turn down a guaranteed $400 check from Ford unless they were planning to make more than that somewhere else in the deal.

If it doesn't make sense then it probably isn't true. (Judge Judy rocks!)

• 2 weeks later...

Remember that with X plan you can't be charged more than $75 doc fee. Without X plan doc fees can be as high as $400 or more. If there was dealer cash then that would most likely be available to x plan buyers in the form of additional rebates.

Hummmm........ I just bought an EDGE using the X plan and the dealership put down $145 for DOC FEES. Luckily the car I picked up was not good enough (it had 455 miles on it) so they are getting me one from another dealer on Monday. I asked him about it and he said that is normal. I did get him to take off about $500 in bogus fees, but it looks like they are trying to screw with me. What other fees should NOT be there? There was $50 inventory tax, is that legit?

Thanks

When you got your x-plan PIN you should have been given a logon-on id and password to the Ford site for Plan buyers. That site provides details that dealers should follow and the charges you are responsible for.

Are you sure they are going to apply for the x-plan commission, or are they trying to make more without it?

Go back to your PIN donor and get more information.

• 3 weeks later...

The X plan price includes EVERYTHING except tax, tag and registration. Delivery, FDAF, fuel surcharge, etc. are already figured in and do not get added to the X plan price.

akirby thanks for the wealth of knowledge you add to this forum. But I recently got a quote from a Dealer on a Fusion Hybrid that appeared to have the $725 in it. And on fordpartner.com I see a note stating the following - "1 Pricing subject to change without notice. Optional equipment, $725 destination/delivery, taxes, title, and license fees extra."

So this leads me to believe the X-Planner's do pay the destination fees. And the price quoted was exactly what was listed on fordpartner.com with the $725 added.

Any thoughts? We have dealers at least here is NC that have offers like True-Invoice-Pricing for example. They take the Invoice and add $49.00 for a no haggle type price. I believe this would be better then the X-Plan if I am not mistaken.

Edited by francois.nc

akirby thanks for the wealth of knowledge you add to this forum. But I recently got a quote from a Dealer on a Fusion Hybrid that appeared to have the $725 in it. And on fordpartner.com I see a note stating the following - "1 Pricing subject to change without notice. Optional equipment, $725 destination/delivery, taxes, title, and license fees extra."

So this leads me to believe the X-Planner's do pay the destination fees. And the price quoted was exactly what was listed on fordpartner.com with the $725 added.

Any thoughts? We have dealers at least here is NC that have offers like True-Invoice-Pricing for example. They take the Invoice and add $49.00 for a no haggle type price. I believe this would be better then the X-Plan if I am not mistaken.

Simple - for some reason the fordpartner website does not include the $725 destination fee. I don't know why - it's the same on all vehicles.

However, if you pull up an actual invoice you'll find that the X plan price printed in the box on the bottom of the invoice already includes the destination charge.

The price on the website is not the official X plan price - it's just for reference using standard models.

To reiterate - the x plan price on the invoice is what you pay and nothing can be added to it except tax, tag and registration and a $75 doc fee. Period.

X plan buyers DO pay destination and FDAF and all the other fees. The difference is that those fees are ALREADY INCLUDED in the X plan price that is printed on the invoice, therefore the dealer should not re-add them to the X plan price.

I hope that's clear.

Edited by akirby

You still have some room for extras with the X-Plan. The last vehicle I got I used the X-Plan and told them to throw in running boards and the security cover for the back for free and they had a deal. Even walked away with a years worth of oil changes at no charge.

You still have some room for extras with the X-Plan. The last vehicle I got I used the X-Plan and told them to throw in running boards and the security cover for the back for free and they had a deal. Even walked away with a years worth of oil changes at no charge.

Without knowing what you traded in and for how much, how you financed, what you bought in dealer add-ons, etc. I wouldn't want someone to think that your experience could be duplicated elsewhere. If they under bid your trade by several hundred $, they are still whole on the total deal.

You can't compare deals - unless you know the whole deal.

Pretty basic deal. No trade in, financed through in independent credit union, it had most options and was on the higher end. Was the current model year and came froma dealer that had 100+ on their lot.

It was the day before Thanksgiving and I literally called them up and picked one that they had on the lot. Gave them the X-Plan number so they had the price ready. Went after work and was driving away 45 minutes later. They did put aftermarket (I think) boards and cover on it about two weeks later as they had to order them.

I was literally just throwing it out there and they said yes. I was suprised that they said yes.

Simple - for some reason the fordpartner website does not include the $725 destination fee. I don't know why - it's the same on all vehicles.

However, if you pull up an actual invoice you'll find that the X plan price printed in the box on the bottom of the invoice already includes the destination charge.

The price on the website is not the official X plan price - it's just for reference using standard models.

To reiterate - the x plan price on the invoice is what you pay and nothing can be added to it except tax, tag and registration and a $75 doc fee. Period.

X plan buyers DO pay destination and FDAF and all the other fees. The difference is that those fees are ALREADY INCLUDED in the X plan price that is printed on the invoice, therefore the dealer should not re-add them to the X plan price.

I hope that's clear.

Thanks again, and it makes total sense. But it still seems that if dealers are willing to do deals for only $49 over invoice, the x-plan might not be the way to go?

Thanks again, and it makes total sense. But it still seems that if dealers are willing to do deals for only $49 over invoice, the x-plan might not be the way to go?

Possible, but HIGHLY doubtful. With X plan the most they can charge for documentation fee is $75. Without X plan (and with a $49 over invoice price) I can almost guarantee the documentation fee will be at least $400. I've seen them as high as $699. This is just added profit. So find out the doc fee for the $49 over invoice deal. With X plan you'd be paying roughly $175 over invoice plus $75 doc fee or $250 over invoice net plus tax, tag, registration. Add the dealer's doc fee to the $49 and see if it's more or less than $250.

Here is the other benefit. With X plan you get ALL eligible discounts from the factory including unadvertised things like dealer cash. e.g. on Mercurys right now there is $1500 dealer cash. This is not advertised to the public - the dealer gets to use it any way they want including keeping it in their pockets. When you use X plan there is an extra $1500 factory rebate in lieu of the dealer cash. Ford makes sure all of that goes to the X plan buyer and not the dealer. Without X plan you just don't know.

Also - with X plan the dealer is prohibited from adding any options without your permission. They might only be charging $49 over invoice but they've already added paint and interior protection (known in the industry as mop-n-glo), glass etching, undercoating, etc. and they're making hundreds of dollars extra profit from those add-ons. Not with X plan.

IF the doc fee is small AND there are no add-ons AND there are no X plan specific rebates AND the dealer doesn't rip you off on anything else you MIGHT save $100 over the X plan deal. Is it worth taking that much risk to save $100 on a $30K vehicle?

Possible, but HIGHLY doubtful. With X plan the most they can charge for documentation fee is $75. Without X plan (and with a $49 over invoice price) I can almost guarantee the documentation fee will be at least $400. I've seen them as high as $699. This is just added profit. So find out the doc fee for the $49 over invoice deal. With X plan you'd be paying roughly $175 over invoice plus $75 doc fee or $250 over invoice net plus tax, tag, registration. Add the dealer's doc fee to the $49 and see if it's more or less than $250.

Here is the other benefit. With X plan you get ALL eligible discounts from the factory including unadvertised things like dealer cash. e.g. on Mercurys right now there is $1500 dealer cash. This is not advertised to the public - the dealer gets to use it any way they want including keeping it in their pockets. When you use X plan there is an extra $1500 factory rebate in lieu of the dealer cash. Ford makes sure all of that goes to the X plan buyer and not the dealer. Without X plan you just don't know.

Also - with X plan the dealer is prohibited from adding any options without your permission. They might only be charging $49 over invoice but they've already added paint and interior protection (known in the industry as mop-n-glo), glass etching, undercoating, etc. and they're making hundreds of dollars extra profit from those add-ons. Not with X plan.

IF the doc fee is small AND there are no add-ons AND there are no X plan specific rebates AND the dealer doesn't rip you off on anything else you MIGHT save $100 over the X plan deal. Is it worth taking that much risk to save $100 on a $30K vehicle?

Excellent information as usual.

Thanks again for the reply.

Now I just need to decide between the SEL/Limited Edge and the Fusion Hybrid, this might be the harder decision, then deciding whether to use X-Plan or not.

Edited by francois.nc

Excellent information as usual.

Thanks again for the reply.

Now I just need to decide between the SEL/Limited Edge and the Fusion Hybrid, this might be the harder decision, then deciding whether to use X-Plan or not.

I own a 2006 SEL Fusion V6 and a 2008 Limited Edge. I'd go for the Edge, hands down.

I own a 2006 SEL Fusion V6 and a 2008 Limited Edge. I'd go for the Edge, hands down.

I figured you would say that the '11's look sweet. I need to work on the wife, she gets like a $3000 (before taxes) bonus for buying a hybrid from her work, so that would make a loaded Hybrid about 28 or so after X-Plan where as an SEL / Limited equipped the way I would like would be around 33 on the X-plan with a current $1000 incentive. Is the 5k and 10 less mpg on the highway worth the new Edge.

• 2 weeks later...