Got my VIN!

codyyfz

• 5 weeks later...

I ordered on July 22 and it is now September 7 and I still don't have a VIN. How is it that you got one so fast? This was for an MKX. Was yours an Edge or MKX?

Just a hunch... my salesguy is an old friend. My Edge order was placed on July 23 as a stock order with a priority of 10, not a customer order. I received my VIN the following week. My Edge was originally slated for an 8/16 week build, then got pushed to the week of 8/30. It was built on 9/1, released to Autoport on 9/3 and is currently in transit. Should be at the dealer some time next week. My guess is your orders went in as customer orders. Stock order (especially with a higher priority) will be pulled by the factory first. ...just a hunch.

I ordered on July 22 and it is now September 7 and I still don't have a VIN. How is it that you got one so fast? This was for an MKX. Was yours an Edge or MKX?

I ordered mine May 13th and it wasn't built until Aug 31st. It all depends on the priority the dealer gives it and the how many allocations the dealer has.

Almost 4 months later I still don't have it... I'm hoping this week. I know it's hard to be patient!

We ordered our 2011 Edge Limited on August 21st. We worked directly with the Fleet Manager from the dealership.

It went in as Priority 15. I assumed it went in as a customer order but not sure.

By August 27th I had a VIN number and build week of 9/13. Within a day or two I pulled up my window sticker online.

I just talked to the Fleet Manager today and he said he had notice from the factory that it is in assembly now (!) and we should

receive it by the middle of October.

He told me he can track every step of the way for a car...

Also he said they got their first Edge Sport in and that it was sold the minute it was washed off!

We are in Northern CA.

We ordered our 2011 Edge Limited on August 21st. We worked directly with the Fleet Manager from the dealership.

It went in as Priority 15. I assumed it went in as a customer order but not sure.

By August 27th I had a VIN number and build week of 9/13. Within a day or two I pulled up my window sticker online.

I just talked to the Fleet Manager today and he said he had notice from the factory that it is in assembly now (!) and we should

Also he said they got their first Edge Sport in and that it was sold the minute it was washed off!

We are in Northern CA.

Have you tried signing up on www.SyncMyRide.com?

I did when I got my VIN. SyncMyRide told me the VIN was bogus...until this afternoon! The Sync software was installed on my new Edge today and all was good with SyncMyRide. My guess is that mine has been built by now.

I'm glad my rail ride is only to KS. I hope to have mine this month.

We are in Northern CA.

What is the site or address to pull up the window sticker online?

Thanks. I have my VIN finally. I ordered my MKX on July 23rd. I can't pull up the window sticker yet. It says VIN can't be located in system. Dealer is telling me the build date is the week of 9/27. I will keep trying the web address.

Wow - that might be the longest delay I have seen on an order process. Good luck on getting that anytime soon. The link will update eventually with the sticker.

Wow - that might be the longest delay I have seen on an order process. Good luck on getting that anytime soon. The link will update eventually with the sticker.

Still trying the VIN site. No window sticker yet! Dealer still saying to be built week of 9/27. Ford Customer Service says that according to their system it is to be shipped week of 9/27 to arrive at dealer October 4th. I think this is a little optimistic. I am in Alberta, Canada, so maybe three or four days by train and 1 or 2 days by convoy is a possibility.

Still trying the VIN site. No window sticker yet! Dealer still saying to be built week of 9/27. Ford Customer Service says that according to their system it is to be shipped week of 9/27 to arrive at dealer October 4th. I think this is a little optimistic. I am in Alberta, Canada, so maybe three or four days by train and 1 or 2 days by convoy is a possibility.

I wasn't able to see my window sticker for a few days, don't worry.

You know, a month or two ago I would have told you to keep dreaming because they were very slow.

My car was bulit week of 9/6 and a shipped at the end of the week.

Rail transport for mine was slow. It just got to the ramp in Kansas city this morning. I bet your rail trip will be more of an express than mine...plus it stays on your side of the border.

Hope you get it soon!