Key Fob looks HUGE

wilsons66604

Wilson,

Here's a picture of the key fob so you can see the actual size of it.

I don't think it's anymore cumbersome than my old focus key and fob together. I love not having to fumble around to get it out to open the doors when my hands are full. Just walk up grab the handle doors unlock and you're good to go!

:shift:

post-10534-088887300 1284569245_thumb.jpg

Wilson,

I don't think it's anymore cumbersome than my old focus key and fob together. I love not having to fumble around to get it out to open the doors when my hands are full. Just walk up grab the handle doors unlock and you're good to go!

Luvford - you are rocking up the pictures for all of us still waiting. Thanks for continuing to fill us in on how it is going!

I also love the use of the craft mat :)

Wilson,

Thanks! That helps. Ends up that my Camry Fob is 1 inch shorter.

OMG! I thought my Infiniti intelligent key was big! Why do they make these bricks? Ever hear of nano tech? sheesh Now I gotta get a purse European man bag.:shrug:

If all of you men would get your own purse man bags - us wives could stop carrying purses big enough for your stuff too... I keep ending up with the garmin in my purse - that isn't mine.... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Wilson,

Is this fob also the Remote Start? Apparently, Remote Start is supposed to be "Standard Equipment" and no longer an optional item. However, I noticed that some of the Window Stickers show it under the "Standard Equipment" section and other stickers don't. I am hoping that it is standard on the MKX so you don't have to have two fobs in your pocket! Any confirmation on this for Canadian MKX's, is it standard or not?

Is this fob also the Remote Start? Apparently, Remote Start is supposed to be "Standard Equipment" and no longer an optional item. However, I noticed that some of the Window Stickers show it under the "Standard Equipment" section and other stickers don't. I am hoping that it is standard on the MKX so you don't have to have two fobs in your pocket! Any confirmation on this for Canadian MKX's, is it standard or not?

The remote Start is a button on the Fob for my Edge. I bet the MKX would be the same.

You hit Lock, then start x 2

As mentioned, the Ford key fob controls remote start too. I've also noticed that window stickers for Canadian vehicles don't list Remote Start. But Remote Start IS listed as a standard feature on the Canadian website so I'm going to assume it's there. I would like to hear some feedback on how well it works.

As mentioned, the Ford key fob controls remote start too. I've also noticed that window stickers for Canadian vehicles don't list Remote Start. But Remote Start IS listed as a standard feature on the Canadian website so I'm going to assume it's there. I would like to hear some feedback on how well it works.

Works great. I use it a lot to start the car and wait for the AC to cool the inside down. First time with this feature and I really like it. I am sure it will be great in the winter.

Works great. I use it a lot to start the car and wait for the AC to cool the inside down. First time with this feature and I really like it. I am sure it will be great in the winter.

I haven't tried this particular remote start - but if you are just wondering in general how they are, they are fantastic. I don't know how we got through winters without them. I was surprised to see how long it took before they start marketing for AC use in hot weather. We have had then in AK for about 10 years. LOVE THEM.

Key Fob is on the big side.

What I have run into is my three attached keys tend to reach the panic button when it is in my pocket. Have set Panic off 3 times in two weeks.

No biggie, but since I usually ignore those sounds, I now have to look to see if it is me!

Yep. I've set off my alarm 3 times in 2 days

Update...

Make that 5 times in 3 days

Edited by wilsons66604

I really like the remote start. I live in south florida and it is still very warm here. Yesterday, I was at a client office and was looking out the window from the office from the 23rd floor. I said what the hell, lets try this thing out. I opened the rear hatch from 23 floors up. Sweet. then I closed it again and then did a remote start and got in the elevator. Was nice and chilly by the time I got down to the car. The distance is very nice. BUT it does scare me if people keep hitting buttons by accident and it reaches the car. I noticed attached keys do really hit the fob too much, so since day 3 I have no keys attached to the fob anymore. I am looking for a small leather pouch or something that this can swivel out of OR something.

If anyone is a handy person with leather, I have a business proposition for you. It is a needed option.