My new 2011 Edge

e-Mel

Just picked up my Bordeaux Reserve Red 2011 LTD. Edge tonight and all I can say is WOW!

It looks fantastic!!! and handles and rides great!

I haven't had much time to look at all the features but did try out a few things.

iPhone 4 pairs up nicely. The phonebook auto-downloaded in seconds and voice quality over bluetooth is great on both ends.

I use the dock connector cable connected to the USB port. The songs, artists etc...are displayed on the center screen and I can control (play - fast forward - reverse - pause) via the touch screen.

NAV works great. I just came off of a 2007 Edge lease and this 2011 NAV is much better. The display is superior and the database is obviously more up to date than the one in my 2007.

The HD Radio is great - very clear; just wish there were more HD stations available.

BLIS works very well.

I find Key fob a good size; definitely not as large as I thought it was going to be based on some forum posts.

The Sirius Travel Link Service also works great. It shows traffic on all the nearby roads and alerts about incidents (I guess that means accidents); It also showed roads that had ongoing construction.

The weather service is nice - not sure how often I will use it though.

The ability to look up local gasoline prices and Theater movies is a nice treat.

I will try the other Travel Link services tomorrow.

I'm really impressed with the interior (and overall) design Ford has done with the 2011Edge.

I will try and post more observations and maybe a picture soon.

Edited by e-Mel

Glad to hear about the iPhone 4 integration and other Sync services working well. Seems like many folks are having problems, but with this stuff you can't always tell if the problem is with the vehicle or with the end user's equipment or location.

When I did test drive I thought the BLIS was very cool. Unobtrusive but there when you need to change lanes... don't need any extra beeping or anything like that.

It will be one of those things that once you get used to it, it makes it hard to drive a car without it, like backup cameras or parking sensors.

Keep those observations coming! Enjoy your new ride!

Glad to hear about the iPhone 4 integration and other Sync services working well. Seems like many folks are having problems, but with this stuff you can't always tell if the problem is with the vehicle or with the end user's equipment or location.

When I did test drive I thought the BLIS was very cool. Unobtrusive but there when you need to change lanes... don't need any extra beeping or anything like that.

It will be one of those things that once you get used to it, it makes it hard to drive a car without it, like backup cameras or parking sensors.

Keep those observations coming! Enjoy your new ride!

I am really liking BLIS - though I had to laugh this morning as I went through the drive through to get my coffee - the building was in my blind spot. :)

anyone have any experience with the feature that warns you of approaching vehicles when backing out. Haven't been brave enough to back out in front of anybody to test that :rolleyes:

I was wondering the same thing. I like the BLIS but haven't noticed the cross traffic warning yet. Where are the cross traffic warnings displayed?

I was wondering the same thing. I like the BLIS but haven't noticed the cross traffic warning yet. Where are the cross traffic warnings displayed?

Good Question, didn't know the answer but found it in manual.

BLIS? and/or CTA fault operation

If the BLIS? and/or CTA senses a fault on either the left or right sensor, the BLIS? alert indicator will go on and remain on and the message center will display BLIND SPOT SYSTEM FAULT or CROSS TRAFFIC SYSTEM FAULT. For faults that may cause the associated left or right alert indicator not to illuminate, only the message center faults will occur.

Good Question, didn't know the answer but found it in manual.

BLIS? and/or CTA fault operation

If the BLIS? and/or CTA senses a fault on either the left or right sensor, the BLIS? alert indicator will go on and remain on and the message center will display BLIND SPOT SYSTEM FAULT or CROSS TRAFFIC SYSTEM FAULT. For faults that may cause the associated left or right alert indicator not to illuminate, only the message center faults will occur.

And it beeps! some one had to squeeze past while I was backing out.