Black Exterior Plastic

What do you use to touch up the black exterior plastic areas? Like under the doors, etc. It's got sort of a rougher texture. It's "clean" but showing water spots, I guess.

I waxed the paint areas with Megular's 1 step clean/wax and then touching up with their quick mist spray to get marks and such. The plastic, though, I don't have anything for.

What do you use to touch up the black exterior plastic areas? Like under the doors, etc. It's got sort of a rougher texture. It's "clean" but showing water spots, I guess.

I waxed the paint areas with Megular's 1 step clean/wax and then touching up with their quick mist spray to get marks and such. The plastic, though, I don't have anything for.

Poorboys Trim Restorer will do the trick.

If you have excess wax on the lower black moldings, how do you get it off befroe applying items mentioned above. I have white wax marks all over them & it never comes off. Thanks

Actually, the Poorboys Trim Restorer I mentioned previously will bring back your trim, even with the dried wax on it.

Thanks for the tips.

The "water spots" are apparently tire black from the car wash getting flinged back. I also get the spots on the paint areas, and that's a pain to get off with the mist.

If you are not allowing your tire shine to completely soak in (hour or two) then before driving, wipe your tires with a spare, but clean, rag.

• 1 month later...

I'll throw one out there. Aerospace 303 Protectant is absolutely the best stuff I've found, but it's kinda pricey. I've used several brands/types over the past 30+ years (but not all brands mentioned in this thread), and this stuff works very well, does a good job in repelling dust, and lasts for a month or longer.

http://www.303products.com/shop303/index.cfm?category=58

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, the Poorboys Trim Restorer I mentioned previously will bring back your trim, even with the dried wax on it.

I decided to try PB Trim Restorer and while it looks great when applied I am sorry to say that after a rainfall the rear bumper looks weathered. You can see streak marks where where the water ran down. So far I have to apply the Trim Restorer a minimum of once a week to keep the black looking uniform.

I decided to try PB Trim Restorer and while it looks great when applied I am sorry to say that after a rainfall the rear bumper looks weathered. You can see streak marks where where the water ran down. So far I have to apply the Trim Restorer a minimum of once a week to keep the black looking uniform.

I would highly recommend you clean the trim first with a straight isopropyl alcohol to remove any previous products before applying the PBTR. You'll see the results you are looking for. :)

Thanks for the tips.

The "water spots" are apparently tire black from the car wash getting flinged back. I also get the spots on the paint areas, and that's a pain to get off with the mist.

This is very aggressive but take a sponge and wet it and then add some Dawn dish soap directly on the sponge and wipe it on the trim (wet it first). That should remove any crap that's on there, including tire dressing. You can also take a spray bottle and mix 90% IRA with 10% dawn. That makes an effective surface cleaner. It is especially good for preparing paint prior to sealing it. The rubbing alcohol alone will not do it.