Technical Service Bulletin

wilsons66604

According to other posts, (Here is Waldo's post)

TSB 10-24-9 was just published on Friday. It states:

Some 2011 Edge and MKX vehicles may experience various concerns with MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch Systems that include the following areas: Traffic, Direction and Information (TDI) calling wrong phone number, Travel Link subscription, voice recognition, phone pairing, address book downloads, intermittent touch screen inoperable conditions, SD card fault, screen reboots, performing system maintenance, navigation set in kilometers/voice communicates in miles, and reverse camera scrolling display. To correct these conditions the APIM will need to be reprogrammed.

There seems top be a TSB 10-24-9 to address Touch issues.

Has anyone had their system updated this week?

If so, how's it working for you?

Edited by wilsons66604

Is this an actual software update, or is it just a sort of press release, with Ford finally publicly recognizing the problems with MyFord Touch and confirming that an update is in the works?

It's real. Some dealers are already installing it while others are waiting for the special cable that they were told they would need but many didn't bother to order until now.

I gave my service mgr the heads up and asked him to have his Sync guy check it out. I also mentioned the required usb cable.

I'll update when I get any more info.

(kinda scared to take it in for the update. will my system get bricked?)

So was your dealer surprised to learn of this TSB??? Just curious, I was thinking about calling my dealer as well...

So was your dealer surprised to learn of this TSB??? Just curious, I was thinking about calling my dealer as well...

My service rep is aware that I have been keeping abreast of this stuff. He didn't know anything about the TSB (he deals with service on a higher level) He has a Sync tech that is supposed to be in the know. I just asked him to check with his Sync dude and get back to me.

My service rep is aware that I have been keeping abreast of this stuff. He didn't know anything about the TSB (he deals with service on a higher level) He has a Sync tech that is supposed to be in the know. I just asked him to check with his Sync dude and get back to me.

so are you still driving your Edge or is it sitting at the dealer like mine...in a holding pattern?

This showed up on the SyncMyRide site today

BT4T-14D544-BD

Version SYNC GEN 2

BT4T-14D544-BD

BT4T-14D544-BD

What do you show as the confirmed installations?

I show this on my syncmyride for:

Sync VersionSYNC GEN 2

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14F496-AG

BT4T-14F497-AG

I'm scheduled for the update the first thing tomorrow (Wed).

I double checked with the tech...he has his cable!

Things are moving for a few of us I see. I just got the call from my dealer this morning...Errr I called them...they told me my new MFT/ Sync Module has come in...Should be an interesting day! I am going to sit in the service bay and test everything before I take possession of my Edge. If there is so much as a color off on the ambient lighting it is staying until I am satisfied I am getting what I paid for. Good luck to us all and remember to update this thread!!!

Things are moving for a few of us I see. I just got the call from my dealer this morning...Errr I called them...they told me my new MFT/ Sync Module has come in...Should be an interesting day! I am going to sit in the service bay and test everything before I take possession of my Edge. If there is so much as a color off on the ambient lighting it is staying until I am satisfied I am getting what I paid for. Good luck to us all and remember to update this thread!!!

My guess is that you aren't getting a new module. The official update is going to bring your bricked one back to life.

Either way, Good Luck!!

My guess is that you aren't getting a new module. The official update is going to bring your bricked one back to life.

Either way, Good Luck!!

I hope you're right...I really don't want them tearing the thing up for a software fix! I better have all the updated numbers before I pick it up as well...the last thing I want to happen is for them to install a new module without the update! That would be my luck! And good luck to you tomorrow, just report back ASAP!

Either way, Good Luck!!

Did your dealer happen to tell you how long this would take?? Not that I am anxious or anything, but it sure will be nice to have my Edge back...The Fusion SEL I have is a nice car, but the Edge is just so much nicer...minus the MFT issues!