Extended Warranty

cirockets

I bought one for my MKX. All the electronic stuff scares me. With my old Infiniti FX35, their ext warranty did not cover the things like the LASER guided cruise, etc. I was not concerned about the drivetrain. With Ford, the ext warranty covers everything. That's why I bought it. I got one for 7 years which is how long I keep cars on average. I paid $3100 I believe.

I paid $1165. which included the extra $90. for a rental car at the time you bring your car in for service, not having to wait, not the normal wait in finding out what is broken on the vehicle before they give you a rental. My extended Warrenty was for 6/100,000. I was able to find the lower prices on the internet brought to the dealer and after asking the dealer "maybe I can buy this vehicle at a lower price on the internet too" I was given the price I found on the internet. And YES this is a Ford top of the line Extended Warrenty.

In Canada, extended warranty costs from a dealer are almost triple some of the prices quoted here. Given that Ford's warranty is fully transferable between Canada and the U.S., does anyone know if Canadians can purchase the same extended warranties from U.S. based internet sales?

Now that's a DAMNED good question!! I wish I'd thought to research that prior to purchasing mine. Don't tell me if you find out you can...you'd hear me cry from there, LOL.