Recall Notices

Edgy one

Sad Edgeb owner. My dealer called yesterday and told me my Edge of only 3 weeks of being mine has been recalled. Said it could start on fire and wanted it off the road. Good news is Ford and my dealer are on top of this one. And at least I am driving another Edge loaner, even if it is a year older. Did any one else have thier Edge Recalled already?

Finally got my Edge back from the Dealer. Turned out the recall was done and the long term item that kept my cool Edge away was the MFT. After trying to install the updates the APIM failed and needed to be replaced. Well Ford Electronics now will not release an APIM computer untill it has the latest software and passes the internal checks. Well I now have it after 8 days and all appears to be working well. Maybe too well. Now the collision warning system seems to be too agressive. It comes on now when there is no real danger to me. And if you touch the brakes with the red light on you get full brake pressure even you lightly touch the brakes. This may be a future problem but right now i am happy to have ny Edge back home.

• 2 weeks later...

I am told it is the Body Control Unit (BCU) and it has a suspect circuit card. Mine is one of the possable units. I am told i will have my Edge back on Monday. So it cannot take too long to replace.

Got my recall notice, as well as a "Customer Satisfation" fix to the Sync Navigation System. Dealer says the first issue would be to verify that my BCM (Body Control Module) needs the upgrade by examination and test. Not all the BCM's have this fix needed, They will give me a rental car while it is being repaired.

The "Sync fix" is a software update, is not covered by a rental car, but wouuld be if both fixes are on the same day. Schedule your appointment.

Notice, one can read "Customer Satisfaction" as "we are getting too many complaints, and bad press than normal"

:rant:

The Tiger

Edited by Tiger_Steve

Ford will reimburse the dealer for a rental car for warranty repairs under CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES. However, there is nothing in the Ford or Lincoln new vehicle warranty that GUARANTEES rental car coverage for warranty repairs unless you have purchased an extended warranty. Only the extended warranty guarantees you a rental car for a warranty repair.

If you don't believe me, go look up the standard warranty and extended warranty descriptions.

Finally got my Edge back from the Dealer. Turned out the recall was done and the long term item that kept my cool Edge away was the MFT. After trying to install the updates the APIM failed and needed to be replaced. Well Ford Electronics now will not release an APIM computer untill it has the latest software and passes the internal checks. Well I now have it after 8 days and all appears to be working well. Maybe too well. Now the collision warning system seems to be too agressive. It comes on now when there is no real danger to me. And if you touch the brakes with the red light on you get full brake pressure even you lightly touch the brakes. This may be a future problem but right now i am happy to have ny Edge back home.

As far as your collision warning goes, I had to adjust mine to the least sensitive setting or else it was just too annoying. It is better now.

• 6 months later...

Ford will reimburse the dealer for a rental car for warranty repairs under CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES. However, there is nothing in the Ford or Lincoln new vehicle warranty that GUARANTEES rental car coverage for warranty repairs unless you have purchased an extended warranty. Only the extended warranty guarantees you a rental car for a warranty repair.

If you don't believe me, go look up the standard warranty and extended warranty descriptions.

That is exactly what my dealship told me when I took my 2011 in for a loose air conditioner fuse. If I didn't purchase the extended warranty, they didn't have to give me a rental car even if it is still under manufacturers warranty. I need to take it in for the Sync system update, I called Ford and they told me that the dealer should give me a rental car this it was a letter issued by Ford. But its usually hit or miss, depending on what service manager I get and how much of a fit I pitch.