SPORT grill for SEL

drevv

Has anyone tried PlastiDip for the front grill? I would like to try this DIY-product. At least it is dirty cheap :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCtkVePX_0

http://dipyourcar.co...wse?shop_param=

Looks pretty easy and result looks also good.

BTW, this is my first post to this forum :) I am from Finland, but I have lived almost 1,5 years now here in Florida. Currently I own 2 Fords: 2011 Mustang GT for me and 2011 Edge Limited for my wife :) Both cars are great!

ps. English is not my native language so sorry about misspelling...

• 2 weeks later...

pokkus, did you take the emblem off to plasti-dip it or just mask the paint in and around? Looks awesome!

I didn´t take the emblem off. I just covered the surfaces around the emblem and then sprayed four layers of paint. Plasti dip can be easily removed from the car´s painted surfaces. Below is few more pictures how I did it:

I roughly masked around areas with tape.

img2300bw.th.jpg

More masking.

img2302b.th.jpg

First layer of paint.

img2304bn.th.jpg

Second layer of paint. Total 4 layers.

img2306z.th.jpg

Removing the mask and ripping of the excessive plasti dip.

img2312ug.th.jpg

I like the looks of the Sport model and that is the reason why I want to modify my Edge to look similar :)

However, performance and consumption wise I didn´t want to buy Sport because it is slower than FWD SE, SEL or Limited models and Sport has worse MPG ratings.

I have a tuxedo black sport grill for sale that was custom painted. The stock grilles have a bad "orange peel" look but this one is slick with none of that. It looks like a black mirror, perfect and is boxed up ready to ship. I don't have any photos because I bought the 2011-2013 Edge grille from the Ford website, shipped it to another state for the custom paint (from a guy that painted my show vehicles and motorcycles) and now its ready to ship. PM with your info and I will send you invoice and Paypal request for grille plus shipping to your location. Thanks

• 5 months later...

RustyEdge: I cannot PM you because I don't have 50 messages :hammer_self: So I hope you read this topic :)

PlastiDip is really easy to remove if you don't like it. Just peel it off and paint looks like it was before plastidipping. Basically you cannot damage anyting, if you do it wrong :)

I had to remove my plastidipping because I accidentally scraped the plastidip during the car wash.