Delays In Order Process

PJFW8

Ordered an Edge Limited on November 26. Dealer now reports that I may not get the car until March! The dealer is reliable.

The Edge has not been scheduled! Is there a problem or is this just the way it is today? I have ordered many cars. 5 to 8 weeks was typical.

2 things come to mind. #1 is the dealer allotment. It is a hot selling car so he may have used up his allotment for this month already? #2 is that the 3.7 V-6 is also used in Mustang and F150 so I heard there is a shortage on them. That sounds like a long time to wait.

Ordered my SEL 2011 FWD on October 20th 2010, still no VIN (not scheduled). From Ford Customer Relation center, nexxt production bacth of Edge/MKX is scheduled to start week of January 24th. I hope to get in this batch.

Ā 

I ordered the Edge Limited on 21st October and still no word on when it will arrive. Its becoming very annoying and may well push me to buying another Acadia.

Theres lots of 2011 I'm told... :shift:

Ordered my SEL 2011 FWD on October 20th 2010, still no VIN (not scheduled). From Ford Customer Relation center, nexxt production bacth of Edge/MKX is scheduled to start week of January 24th. I hope to get in this batch.

March or later delivery sounds about right for my late November order. Not happy, but as a Ford stock holder I hope it is a good sign.

I ordered the Edge Limited on 21st October and still no word on when it will arrive. Its becoming very annoying and may well push me to buying another Acadia.

Theres lots of 2011 I'm told... :shift:

Ā 

Ā 

Yowza... I ordered mine Oct. 19, and I was driving it off the dealer lot November 19! (Edge Limited)

Ā 

Must be a dealer allocation thing?

When i got my Sport the day before Christmas I was informed by the dealer that they would buy it back from me that day as they could get a higher price for it as there is so much demand for them, and they are getting very hard to get. In the Vancouver area there are very few of any of them on the lots.

When i got my Sport the day before Christmas I was informed by the dealer that they would buy it back from me that day as they could get a higher price for it as there is so much demand for them, and they are getting very hard to get. In the Vancouver area there are very few of any of them on the lots.

Ā 

Virtually all dealer in the Montreal area have only 1 or 2 Edge 2011 if not zero. Did you actually resold your Sport that day? Dealer keeps telling me that there is no prioritization which I doubt. I was able to get a copy of my order and my name appears on it. Very tuff to get an answer as when it will be delivered especially when you have no VIN.

Virtually all dealer in the Montreal area have only 1 or 2 Edge 2011 if not zero. Did you actually resold your Sport that day? Dealer keeps telling me that there is no prioritization which I doubt. I was able to get a copy of my order and my name appears on it. Very tuff to get an answer as when it will be delivered especially when you have no VIN.

Ā 

Yep, I'm with you on this, ordered on Oct 21st and still no word...!!!

Very few 2011's at any of the dealers in town and if they do have one its sold :stop:

Just read a Ford story on the retiree newsletter. Edges are turning over in 16 days on dealer lots. MKX's are going even faster. Great news for Edge fans...unless you are waiting anxiously like me.

I ordered my Edge on Oct. 23rd and It was build on Dec.6th. Your dealer should be able to give you a build date. One thing I did not know is though it is built in Canada, to get some of the sport add ons it has to go to the US. That explains why the car was delivered through Washington State. The only two things I did not get on the Edge were DVD and sun roof. No DVD as I have no kids to use it. and no sun roof because we live in BC. It rains more then it suns out.LOL

I ordered my Edge on Oct. 23rd and It was build on Dec.6th. Your dealer should be able to give you a build date. One thing I did not know is though it is built in Canada, to get some of the sport add ons it has to go to the US. That explains why the car was delivered through Washington State. The only two things I did not get on the Edge were DVD and sun roof. No DVD as I have no kids to use it. and no sun roof because we live in BC. It rains more then it suns out.LOL

Ā 

My exact quote to the sales person when he asked about the sun roof except I am on the extreme other coast.

Most people ordering vehicles would not know to ask if the dealership has current allocation, when they will have allocation, what priority the dealership will put on the order, if any commodities are in short supply, when will the plant be down and will they place orders after mine with a "higher" priority.

Ā 

Most dealerships will not volunteer that they don't have allocation for another month or that they might place a later order ahead of yours by giving it a higher priority. They might tell you there is a shortage of big wheels, or another option you want, just to try to get you to order differently.

Ā 

If there is a delay (based on your expectations) they will infer it is a Ford problem, where in reality, dealerships control most of the scheduling within their allocation.

Most people ordering vehicles would not know to ask if the dealership has current allocation, when they will have allocation, what priority the dealership will put on the order, if any commodities are in short supply, when will the plant be down and will they place orders after mine with a "higher" priority.

Ā 

Most dealerships will not volunteer that they don't have allocation for another month or that they might place a later order ahead of yours by giving it a higher priority. They might tell you there is a shortage of big wheels, or another option you want, just to try to get you to order differently.

Ā 

If there is a delay (based on your expectations) they will infer it is a Ford problem, where in reality, dealerships control most of the scheduling within their allocation.

I just bought one off the lot last week and knew it had only been there under a week as I was watching the inventory list from the dealer.

The dealer told me they can't make them fast enough and the biggest exports of the Edge are to China! That surprised me. Not sure if

he meant the Edge or Edge Sport or both.

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered an Edge Limited on November 26. Dealer now reports that I may not get the car until March! The dealer is reliable.

The Edge has not been scheduled! Is there a problem or is this just the way it is today? I have ordered many cars. 5 to 8 weeks was typical.

Update...Got my VIN...2/8/11 build date! Took about 2 weeks longer than my dealer originally anticipated. Not bad considering the December shut down and weather delays.