Sync Version 2.4

Garemz

I did the Gen 2 update, and like many other people my ambient colors are off, the 4 quandrant colors are differnt now ( dont match the 4" display like they used to ) and I have a Lincoln Logo now as my default wallpaper! My question is HAS ANYONE out there have the same issues and had them CORRECTED by the dealer? I only read a handul people had this issue and I wanted to see if ANYONE that HAD this issued had it corected? Is this an isolated issue or wondering did this happen to ALL the 2011 with the Gen 2 update! Im going back to the dealer tonight to drop it back off .. if anyone can reply to this today I would appreciate it so I have some AMMO to give to the dealer tonight! Thanks in advance!

Harleymhs,

I followed your postings on the Sync site and seems like after your 2nd visit, everything is absolutely perfect and all is corrected :)

Sounds like you got the right dealer to do this upgrade! Is it the Gen 2 Version 2.4?

I would like to know which dealer you went to? Are you in Canada?

I'm from Montreal and most dealers I have tried contacting have absolutely no clue about the update and what I'm talking about when I ask them what version they have.

I am looking for stories like yours with a successful update to the newest version in either Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa with the correct Ford logo and color or in this area so I can go to this particular dealer with confidence that my car will be fixed properly!!

Thanks for replying back when you have a chance!

Tony

Does anyone know if the Sync was upgraded over the weekend? looks and acts the same as always

You weren't mistaken, there was a post stating that changes were to take place this past weekend. All I noticed was that in the update and download section, the version checker file is a different number/name now.

BT4T-14D546-EB Version 1.1

SYNC GEN 2 STATUS CHECKER

is what is listed on my page.

There was talk on Thursday, Friday about some updates being made to Sync over the weekend. Unless I misunderstood

I wasn't sure if you were expecting new things to show up on your vehicle automatically or if you were expecting a change to the syncmyride.com website. Didn't understand what "updates made to sync" was referring to.

You weren't mistaken, there was a post stating that changes were to take place this past weekend. All I noticed was that in the update and download section, the version checker file is a different number/name now.

SYNC GEN 2 STATUS CHECKER

is what is listed on my page.

Changed the description, number still the same, previously it was:

GEN II INTERROGATOR

Status Checker now instead of Interrogator.

Harleymhs,

I followed your postings on the Sync site and seems like after your 2nd visit, everything is absolutely perfect and all is corrected :)

Sounds like you got the right dealer to do this upgrade! Is it the Gen 2 Version 2.4?

I would like to know which dealer you went to? Are you in Canada?

I'm from Montreal and most dealers I have tried contacting have absolutely no clue about the update and what I'm talking about when I ask them what version they have.

I am looking for stories like yours with a successful update to the newest version in either Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa with the correct Ford logo and color or in this area so I can go to this particular dealer with confidence that my car will be fixed properly!!

Thanks for replying back when you have a chance!

Tony

my car got updated on friday Jan 21, with this

Sync Version Gen2 - V2.4<BR itxtvisited="1">Confirmed installations <BR itxtvisited="1">BT4T-14D546-AD

they told me this was the fastest and latest software available to date,it solved response time issues and remote start problems also,i got it done in leamington ,ontario, like many other dealers around there, they kept my car twice with no updates donne to it until they got a hold of a Ford sync teck (that descended on earth)and asked to have a look at my car and finaly got it donne.<BR itxtvisited="1">

Just took the rig in to get a couple of recall's taken care of and Sync update was one of them (control module was another but they didn't have to replace it). Whole thing took about 4 hours and have no problems at all.

Sync Version Gen2 - V2.4

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-AD

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14D546-DA

BT4T-14F496-AD

BT4T-14F496-AK

BT4T-14F497-AD

BT4T-14F497-AG

Edited by moreheads
  • Like 1

The mobile internet with in-car wi-fi has been a real hit in my household. Although, it seems to only work with our iPhone 4 (via BT) and no other devices that we have tried.

Can you explain exactly your setup, I have an iPhone4. Are you saying you have an USB wi-fi adapter or are you using the iPhone4 as some sort of hot spot via bluetooth, then wi-fi to other devices?

Thanks,

Jason

Can you explain exactly your setup, I have an iPhone4. Are you saying you have an USB wi-fi adapter or are you using the iPhone4 as some sort of hot spot via bluetooth, then wi-fi to other devices?

Thanks,

Jason

Sure. Just set up your iPhone to tether internet. Then pair it to your Sync via BT. Then use the Bluetooth internet connection set up under Internet Connections to activate the tether from the MFT. Then, ensure that your MFT wi-fi is enabled and also configured to set up a wi-fi hotspot. You can choose whether you want wireless security enabled or not. The rest is set up from your wi-fi devices(e.g. iPod or laptops) in the normal wi-fi connection settings on these devices. Voila! Let me know if any of this is an issue and I can provide more detail.

Sure. Just set up your iPhone to tether internet. Then pair it to your Sync via BT. Then use the Bluetooth internet connection set up under Internet Connections to activate the tether from the MFT. Then, ensure that your MFT wi-fi is enabled and also configured to set up a wi-fi hotspot. You can choose whether you want wireless security enabled or not. The rest is set up from your wi-fi devices(e.g. iPod or laptops) in the normal wi-fi connection settings on these devices. Voila! Let me know if any of this is an issue and I can provide more detail.

I thought the iphone4 can only tether if it is jailbroken or possibly for an extra fee

I have the old $30 unlimited data plan and tethering is not included. I think it can be added for an extra fee but I haven't tried.

I have the unlimited plan also and I think you're right. I have the option to turn it on.

The next iOS update should have the ability to be a hotspot. If you have that feature, there's no need to mess with the include MyTouch.

I have the unlimited plan also and I think you're right. I have the option to turn it on.

The next iOS update should have the ability to be a hotspot. If you have that feature, there's no need to mess with the include MyTouch.

Unless AT&T has changed something radically recently, this is incorrect. If you have the unlimited plan, you cannot get tethering; you have to switch to a metered plan. This is why I don't have tethering... I want to keep my old unlimited plan! Will be interesting to see what happens with their pricing/options when Verizon competition is in full force!

Unless AT&T has changed something radically recently, this is incorrect. If you have the unlimited plan, you cannot get tethering; you have to switch to a metered plan. This is why I don't have tethering... I want to keep my old unlimited plan! Will be interesting to see what happens with their pricing/options when Verizon competition is in full force!

Well, I've always had the unlimited and I've always had the option to tether (since ATT blessed us with the option).

I've never used it but I have been prompted to sign up for it when I tried turning it on.

This morning I tried and wasn't prompted. It appeared to be active.....UPDATE. When I tried to use it, I got the prompt to sign up

post-9129-030190000 1296565976_thumb.gif

Edited by wilsons66604

Well, I've always had the unlimited and I've always had the option to tether (since ATT blessed us with the option).

I've never used it but I have been prompted to sign up for it when I tried turning it on.

This morning I tried and wasn't prompted. It appeared to be active.....UPDATE. When I tried to use it, I got the prompt to sign up

It appears that if you did not have tethering on your unlimited plan you must switch to a metered 2gb plan to get tethering now. If you had it before you can probably keep it.

It appears that if you did not have tethering on your unlimited plan you must switch to a metered 2gb plan to get tethering now. If you had it before you can probably keep it.

I've never known anyone that "had it before".... when tethering was first enabled, the only option to get it was to ditch your unlimited plan (which I've had since day 1). Believe me, I *tried*. Really wanted it. Did a quick google, and I can't find any mention of unlimited available at anytime with tethering.... must have been a trick to it!

Congrats on being able to do it, Wilson... you're the first I've seen! Well, unless you're jailbroken; that may be different. In any case, getting a bit off-topic here, so I'll let it go. One of these days I'll tether in my edge! :D

I've never known anyone that "had it before".... when tethering was first enabled, the only option to get it was to ditch your unlimited plan (which I've had since day 1). Believe me, I *tried*. Really wanted it. Did a quick google, and I can't find any mention of unlimited available at anytime with tethering.... must have been a trick to it!

Congrats on being able to do it, Wilson... you're the first I've seen! Well, unless you're jailbroken; that may be different. In any case, getting a bit off-topic here, so I'll let it go. One of these days I'll tether in my edge! :D

I never tried so that might be true.

Well, I never went all the way as to activate it.

on a related note...

Did you hear that you can call ATT and get the unlimited plan? Just tell them you are going to Verizon! I wonder if someone with tethering could ask for unlimited??

Well, I never went all the way as to activate it.

on a related note...

Did you hear that you can call ATT and get the unlimited plan? Just tell them you are going to Verizon! I wonder if someone with tethering could ask for unlimited??

Only if you had the unlimited plan at one time in the past. If you've never had the old unlimited plan then you can't get it now.