2011 Edge Exhaust

whiteis33

So i have had my edge for about 2 and a half months; and its a really nice truck. I get compliments everywhere i go. Everything is perfect with the truck with the exception of the exhaust system... so in the next few weeks i will be installing an exhaust system. I will post accordingly when i have updates.. stay tuned

I was thinking about installing a catback. In the spring I what to look into the Mustang V6 system. OEM or after market. The Stang has same motor and a good sound.

Stand away from flowmaster or magaflow. They have a lot of drone. The only systems that dont generate drone is Corsa and Borla. They dont have one for the Edge but do for the Mustang V6.

For those that dont know what Drone is, Its the loud obnoxious sound that fills the cabin almost like a humming sound.

I was thinking about installing a catback. In the spring I what to look into the Mustang V6 system. OEM or after market. The Stang has same motor and a good sound.

Stand away from flowmaster or magaflow. They have a lot of drone. The only systems that dont generate drone is Corsa and Borla. They dont have one for the Edge but do for the Mustang V6.

For those that dont know what Drone is, Its the loud obnoxious sound that fills the cabin almost like a humming sound.

exactly I'm going to see what MRT can come up with, they have a pretty decent sounding exhaust for the mustang

Drone is a noise that gets into your head at certain RPM's and makes you want to scratch the middle of your Brain with a Coat Hanger through your Nose just to kill the Drone sound.

I do agree with Borla and Corsa.

However we do not own a Mustang so why even post about installing Mustang Exhaust?

However we do not own a Mustang so why even post about installing Mustang Exhaust?

'11 Edge Sport and '11 Mustang V6 both have the same motor, HP, Torque, and are true dual exhaust.

Now, no one makes an exhaust for the Edge. So we can get the same sound from the Stangs mufflers. But you do have to get them modified to fit. If you want you can put almost any muffler on, but who knows what it will sound like.

I like the sound of stock Mustang too. I dont want anything loud, just deeper and throaty as you can get from a V6.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

heres a short in car vid

Have you checked inside your CAI after redlining and flooring the vehicle so much? I have the exact same upgrades as you and have experienced engine oil in the CAI. I've been advised to install a "catch can" or also known as a "oil & water seperator". Go heavy on the pedal for a short drive than check inside the CAI and let me know what you find.

Have you checked inside your CAI after redlining and flooring the vehicle so much? I have the exact same upgrades as you and have experienced engine oil in the CAI. I've been advised to install a "catch can" or also known as a "oil & water seperator". Go heavy on the pedal for a short drive than check inside the CAI and let me know what you find.

What is the CAI?

Thanks.