Does Edge come standard with alarm?

Picking up my new Edge SEL on Monday. When I called to add the vehicle to my insurance they asked if the car had an alarm system. Apparenlty I get a discount if the car has an alarm system but I wasn't really sure. They followed up and asked if it makes a sound when I locked the door. Again not sure since I don't have the car. So does anyone know if the Edge SEL comes standard with an alarm that would qualify for a yes to that insurance question? Thx

Picking up my new Edge SEL on Monday. When I called to add the vehicle to my insurance they asked if the car had an alarm system. Apparenlty I get a discount if the car has an alarm system but I wasn't really sure. They followed up and asked if it makes a sound when I locked the door. Again not sure since I don't have the car. So does anyone know if the Edge SEL comes standard with an alarm that would qualify for a yes to that insurance question? Thx

Yes.

I always say yes.

it has the PATS system that is a fuel shut-off.

you may need to check on the parts of making noise. most fords i have seen (i have been an installer for 12 years) after about 05 the keyless entires are a "glorified" horn honker meaning that about it as it will sound the horn when you press the panic. My 09 sport does not have a factory alarm (one that will go off when the doors are opened)

My 09 sport does not have a factory alarm (one that will go off when the doors are opened)

Sure it does. Have someone sit in the front seat. Lock the doors with the keyfob and wait 1 minute, then have the person inside open the door. The horn will start sounding, the lights will flash and the ignition will be disabled. Almost all Fords have had this feature for the last decade.

Another way to check is raise the hood and see if it has the alarm switch...it will be a "plunger" type switch covered in a rubber boot...facing the engine it's on the left upper radiator shroud just left of the hood latch (on my 2011 anyway).

Akirby, while Ford has offered the factory alarm for a while now - it's generally been an option and still not avail on all Ford vehicles. To my dismay I had a 2009 $50K F-150 Screw 4x4 "Platinum" fully loaded and it didn't come with the factory alarm...not sure it was even an option back then (for the F-150) as I ordered this truck with every bell and whistle you could get....sure miss those air conditioned seats :)

Another way to check is raise the hood and see if it has the alarm switch...it will be a "plunger" type switch covered in a rubber boot...facing the engine it's on the left upper radiator shroud just left of the hood latch (on my 2011 anyway).

Akirby, while Ford has offered the factory alarm for a while now - it's generally been an option and still not avail on all Ford vehicles. To my dismay I had a 2009 $50K F-150 Screw 4x4 "Platinum" fully loaded and it didn't come with the factory alarm...not sure it was even an option back then (for the F-150) as I ordered this truck with every bell and whistle you could get....sure miss those air conditioned seats :)

Wow - I had to go look up the owner's manual because I thought all Ford with keyless remotes came with a perimeter alarm on the doors, trunk and hood but it appears you are correct - the 2009 F150 offers keyless entry but no perimeter alarm.

All of my vehicles have had it over the last 10 years so I didn't realize it was optional on some.

Sure it does. Have someone sit in the front seat. Lock the doors with the keyfob and wait 1 minute, then have the person inside open the door. The horn will start sounding, the lights will flash and the ignition will be disabled. Almost all Fords have had this feature for the last decade.

when i installed my aftermarket alarm/ remote start i tested for it just like that and nothing happened. i have been an installer for about 12 years at varrious shops.

its been an option since 05-06 on all fords. most of the sales men think the vehicles have them and will tell you they do, but infact they dont. They dont know any better

Edited by baum

Rolled down the window, hit the "lock" button on the remote and left the vehicle alone. Came back about 1 hour later and stuck my hand inside the vehicle and opened the door. Also when I had my extra key made they said it only had PATS but no alarm.

How did you test it to find out it had no alarm?

Rolled down the window, hit the "lock" button on the remote and left the vehicle alone. Came back about 1 hour later and stuck my hand inside the vehicle and opened the door. Also when I had my extra key made they said it only had PATS but no alarm.

Well that's the correct test. That sucks. I assumed all Edges had the perimeter alarm feature. Now I have to go test my 08 Limited.

I had no alarm on my 2011 Edge and it had the keyfob remote. If you have that flashing red light on the dash or the THEFT flashing on the gauges there is an alarm.

Ford puts the flashing light on every car and truck. its for the PATS system. Its also a visual for when you program new keys to the car.

Nope. When I programed my extra key there was NO light nor there is NO flashing red light.

On top of my dash there is a delete plug where the light would be and nothing flashes on my guage cluster.

Are you sure EVERY vehicle comes like this?

I will make a video for you if you do not believe me!

Ford puts the flashing light on every car and truck. its for the PATS system. Its also a visual for when you program new keys to the car.

Edited by nextime

And when I got my key made I asked the dealer again and they said it had PATS only, he looked up by the VIN. I have a scan of the window sticker that cleary shows no

You tell me where exactly I need to look and I will shoot you a video to show you there is no alarm on my base 2011 Edge.

post-11808-060634300 1297272175_thumb.png

And when I got my key made I asked the dealer again and they said it had PATS only, he looked up by the VIN. I have a scan of the window sticker that cleary shows no

You tell me where exactly I need to look and I will shoot you a video to show you there is no alarm on my base 2011 Edge.

I have not yet seen an 2011 so that you may be right one. however on the 09-10 there is a flashing light that looks like a key on the instrument cluster

I have a video but this site will not let me upload it. I can not find out what type of files are permitted here either, i just see Max. single file size: 10MB but that doesnt tell much since my file is 6MB.

I have not yet seen an 2011 so that you may be right one. however on the 09-10 there is a flashing light that looks like a key on the instrument cluster

Edited by nextime

• 4 weeks later...

try this as a test - lock the door.... open the car with the physical key (if you have IA, it slides out of the fob). Sit in the car. It should tell you to insert the key in the ignition or the alarm will go off in about ten secs. that way they know if the door opens without the transmitter, that you do actually have the key.

source: the owners manual

• 4 months later...