Ford Maintenance Protection Plan

Jodes

Hi,

I just took delivery on my 2011 Ford Edge and the dealer was really pushing the Maintenance Protection Plan (not to be confused with the Extended Service Plan).

The plan is supposed to cover all scheduled maintenance for the first 2 - 6 years (depending on how long you purchase for).

Have any of you bought this, and can you tell me if you would reccommend it?

Have any of you not bought this, and regretted it?

One more question, I know that you can buy these plans online, but it seems to be available only to the US. Any Canadians out there who've found a place to buy the FMPP online?

Thanks!!

Sorry, Jodes, this is not really an answer since I am in the same situation as you are. Just out of curiosity, what were you quoted for FMPP? I was quoted C$1510 for 4 years/80K. Seems expensive since my Audi Care package was $700 for 42 months. I am also trying to decide.

Sorry, Jodes, this is not really an answer since I am in the same situation as you are. Just out of curiosity, what were you quoted for FMPP? I was quoted C$1510 for 4 years/80K. Seems expensive since my Audi Care package was $700 for 42 months. I am also trying to decide.

Those plans include an awful lot of labor for "inspection". It's cheaper just to do the recommended fluid/filter changes and other actual service as needed. If you do some of it yourself it's even cheaper.

Even if it's the same price I'd rather pay as I go. Think about it - you're paying up front now for service that won't occur for 3 years.

I went for it. In Canada the FMPP includes brake pads & rotors which I have had to do on almost every vehicle I ever owned. In my mind the really interesting option is the FMPP+ option as it includes the top extended warranty plan with a $0 deductible. With all of the electronics on these vehicles I was twitchy about the unexpected costs after the 3 year warranty ends.

Hey thinguy, lets leave candy out of the topic. I took an extended coverage plan out on my Explorer back in '06, worth every penny ( 5yr/75,000-cost /$1.100). I would think that a maint plan for, say 4 years wouldn't be more than $400-$500. Heck, our Lincoln dealership charges twenty something bucks for a oil change, tires rotate every 7,500 miles, and air filters, what should the cost amount too???

Edited by JOEHIO

• 2 weeks later...

I got i! I purchased it during "Employee Pricing" which included the plans. I don't remember exactly what I paid, but I worked it out and it wasn't too bad of a deal when I got it. You get a discount on it when you get extended warranty with it. I bought both to 120 or 160KM...don't remember that either. :wacko:

All I remember is that one brake job and regular maintenance would cover it. Anything above this and I saved money. Now I'm regretting it though as I'm thinking of going ceramic and drilled slotted rotors :shades:

• 4 months later...

I have a Ford Edge Limited with under 500 miles on it presently, and I am looking to purchase the ESP but I live in Florida and it seems that the pricing is much higher here. I cannot purchase via the internet, does this also mean I can't just purchase it in person at a dealership, say in Indiana when I am on vacation in a few weeks?

I have a Ford Edge Limited with under 500 miles on it presently, and I am looking to purchase the ESP but I live in Florida and it seems that the pricing is much higher here. I cannot purchase via the internet, does this also mean I can't just purchase it in person at a dealership, say in Indiana when I am on vacation in a few weeks?

Who says you can't buy it online? Everybody else does.