Heated Seat Questions fron Newbie

I just received my 2011 Edge Limited AWD last week, and I have some questions;

1) Is there ANY other way to activate the heated seats, aside form touching the 8" screen in the "climate" area? There is no physical button, and the manual does not mention any "voice" command for this. They have like 3 or 4 different ways to change the temperate (via voice, 8" screen, and buttons). However, only 1 way to turn heated seats on, which is very annoying.

2) My heated seats do not activate with remote start, when it's cold outside. In the Cluster, I go to Settings > Vehicle > Remote Start > Heated Seats, and it's set to AUTO. What does Auto mean exactly? Is there a threshold or logic for when it activates? AUTO is pretty vauge.

3) Is there a way to know what My Touch software version that I have?

Thanks

Just the one button at this time that I know about.

Auto means at a certain temp it will either kick on or not. 32 is the turn on point and they do not get HOT like when you have them on and driving, but warm enough that your seat is not cold.

Version is on the sync my ride site.

• 7 months later...

Is it correct that only the seat bottom of a 2011 SEL is heated and not the seatback too?

Thanks.

It is incorrect. If you look on the MFT screen in the Climate tab, there are 2 red lights on each seat picture. Press it once and both seat and seatback heat up. Press it again and the seatback heat turns off but the seat remains on. Press it again to turn off completely.

It is incorrect. If you look on the MFT screen in the Climate tab, there are 2 red lights on each seat picture. Press it once and both seat and seatback heat up. Press it again and the seatback heat turns off but the seat remains on. Press it again to turn off completely.

Is that how it works? I thought it was just 2 different temps. 2 for HOT, 1 for MED.

As far as multiple ways to turn on the seats...most cars only have 1 physical button, just like the MFT button. I would only see this as annoying if the MFT wasn't working.

Edited by AXCL

Is that how it works? I thought it was just 2 different temps. 2 for HOT, 1 for MED.

As far as multiple ways to turn on the seats...most cars only have 1 physical button, just like the MFT button. I would only see this as annoying if the MFT wasn't working.

My friend's PT Cruiser heats the seat or the seat & back. The Edge seems to do the HOT/MED option like you mentioned.

Yes, I see the two red lights but they are both on the bottom cushion and seem to only control the temperature for the bottom. I never feel anything in the seatbacks of either seat.

Check the owners manual for the correct explaination on this.

I did. This is copy/pasted from it (it has nothing useful to my question):

The heated seats will only function when the engine is running.

To operate the heated seats:

Press the heated seat symbol to cycle through the various heat settings and off. Warmer settings are

indicated by more indicator lights.

The heated seats will turn off after 15 minutes. If the engine falls below 350 rpm while the heated seats are on, the feature will turn itself off and will need to be reactivated.

"Press the heated seat symbol to cycle through the various heat settings and off. Warmer settings are

indicated by more indicator lights."

It's a bit vague, but it does confirm its a temp setting, not a seat/back option.

The seat back definitely heats up on mine. You'll find out quick enough on a cold day wearing just a thin shirt. You likely won't feel it with a jacket or a thick sweater as it has an insulating factor.