Gibson dual exhaust plus some more

EDGEONU

Just got my SEL Edge 3.5L and found a weapons R intake system and a Gibson exhaust. I have a Gibson on my Tahoe and love it,yeah I know V8 to a V6 anyway... Your thoughts? I ordered both but might just add the exhaust first. I also bought 20inch Rockstars,my truck is silver and I'll post pics soon. So far I just tinted the 2 front windows to match added HID's and carbon wrapped the emblems as well as the the one on the steering wheel. I also removed all badges,

Please post up some pictures! And a video when you get a exhaust installed.

Will do! Just had the rims mounted,got them from TireRack, I expected to have to re set the TPMS but so far noo indicator,spoke with a Ford tech and he stated that I may not have to. Thought it was sure thing that it would need to be. Exhaust is going on hopefully Sat and I'm re thinking the intake system,gonna see how it sounds with just the exhaust. Also I bought the H&R lowering springs as well,doing that Tuesday. Pictures and video coming soon!!

Here's two pictures to get you started, hope you like them. Sorry for the quality the weather here hasn't been so great. The exhaust is going on today. Right now as you see it, H&R extreme lowering springs and 20 inch KMC Rockstars.

Sorry I can't figure out how to make the pictures smaller... :banghead:

post-14924-044169000 1301921786_thumb.jpg

post-14924-064787700 1301921813_thumb.jpg

Edited by EDGEONU

Good news! Local muffler shop is gonna frabricate the pipe that needs to be bent to go around the rear,everything fits perfect,also the intake (weaponsR) didn't fit either,they are taking it back and are customizing the tube to fit my mech took all proper measurements to assure proper fit so all in all it turned out to be a good day. Exhaust will go in tomorrow and I have to wait for the intake tube to get back to me. I'll keep you guys posted.

Very nice! I like that ride height with the 20in wheels. How do the H&R extreme springs ride? Did you replace the shocks?

Thanks! I didn't replace the shocks,the ride is tighter(stiff) I feel like it handles much better. Every car/truck I've owned I have always lowered it. They finished the exhaust I'll post pictures of it tomorrow. I'm havong second thoughts about it now. The pipe bend they had to make is pretty low and looks like it's gonna hit the road,I test drove it and it didn't hit at all but it just looks low,you can tell it's been modified for sure but it sure sounds SWEET!!

Thanks! I didn't replace the shocks,the ride is tighter(stiff) I feel like it handles much better. Every car/truck I've owned I have always lowered it. They finished the exhaust I'll post pictures of it tomorrow. I'm havong second thoughts about it now. The pipe bend they had to make is pretty low and looks like it's gonna hit the road,I test drove it and it didn't hit at all but it just looks low,you can tell it's been modified for sure but it sure sounds SWEET!!

Lookin tough!

Did they mandrel bend the pipe? or crush?

Lookin tough!

Did they mandrel bend the pipe? or crush?

Mandrel bent all pipes and welded it all together which I wasn't sure about but the guy doing it told me it would be better and assure no leaks. So now I'm just waiting for the WeaponsR intake to come back from the company. They modified the intake pipe for me, my mech gave them the specs on what we needed to make it fit,the company director contacted me yesterday and wants pictures of it mounted and feedback so they can put the 2011 intake in to production... Kinda feel like mine should have been free if there going off out measurements and if it works. Kinda not kidding lol.

I see you removed the lettering from the rear; excellent decision...however, not sure I like the blacked out blue oval...looks kind of like a charcoal button nose on the front, but as long as you like it, don't mind me...

It's actually carbon fiber film and your right I don't like it either,I ordered 2 emblems and my body shop is painting them black and the Ford will remain silver,I'm also having the grill painted he ordered it up yesterday just not sure on black or match paint.

Just got my SEL Edge 3.5L and found a weapons R intake system and a Gibson exhaust. I have a Gibson on my Tahoe and love it,yeah I know V8 to a V6 anyway... Your thoughts? I ordered both but might just add the exhaust first. I also bought 20inch Rockstars,my truck is silver and I'll post pics soon. So far I just tinted the 2 front windows to match added HID's and carbon wrapped the emblems as well as the the one on the steering wheel. I also removed all badges,

HID's hard to install... where from .. retro?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Ive talked to a buddies shop and after putting my 2011 edge on the lift, theyre going to remove the muffler in the middle and replace with a straight pipe then the pipe splits into two more mufflers before the curve then tips. They said they want to replace two rear mufflers with flowmaster 40 series and keep the tips. I seen a video with an old edge 3.5 with magnaflow amd sounded terrible. I have the feeling flowmasters might be the same but will post videos after works done. Theyre charging $200 flat for parts n install. Im prob wrong but arent flowmasters more for v8's rather than v6's? If thats the case wouldnt i be better going with some ricer mufflers like greddy or such for a better sound. Btw theyre just changing out.the mufflers and eliminating one in the middle muffler/resonator