Lowered 2011 Edge

WOW!! Way cool!!! Can you report on the difference in ride quality??? thx...

Ā 

The ride quality is a bit firmer but not bone jarring. I've felt that the original ride quality was a bit floaty for my taste. The springs definitely improved the handling of the vehicle. The Edge feels more confident in turns. All in all, a worthwhile mod. You won't be disappointed with results. Now if someone would make a set of sway bars.... :hyper:

The ride quality is a bit firmer but not bone jarring. I've felt that the original ride quality was a bit floaty for my taste. The springs definitely improved the handling of the vehicle. The Edge feels more confident in turns. All in all, a worthwhile mod. You won't be disappointed with results. Now if someone would make a set of sway bars.... :hyper:

Ā 

Ā 

Cool... looks good.

Ā 

Did you stick with the stock dampers? Professionally installed? or DIY?

Im not really seeing the difference. is it very noticeable? Ill have to look at a picture of mine parked the same way and compare. I was never very good at those "whats different between these two pictures" games....

Unfortunately I didn't take proper "before" picture to show the change in ride height. Here's a picture from a different angle before I lowered it. Look at the gap in the front wheel well. It still may be a bit hard to tell from that angle, but believe me it is noticeable.

IMG_0009.jpg

Edited by speeder

Unfortunately I didn't take proper "before" picture to show the change in ride height. Here's a picture from a different angle before I lowered it. Look at the gap in the front wheel well. It still may be a bit hard to tell from that angle, but believe me it is noticeable.

IMG_0009.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Different angle , but I can see the difference... there's at least 1-2" of wheel gap that was closed.

Im not really seeing the difference. is it very noticeable? Ill have to look at a picture of mine parked the same way and compare. I was never very good at those "whats different between these two pictures" games....

Ā 

Ā 

lol... you even sound like steve carell......:hysterical:

Now it needs some NOS stickers, a big wing and a huge muffler out the back!

Ā 

I also love it when people lower big pick-up trucks to the point where they are useless.

Ā 

Eh.... to each its own.

Ā 

Ā 

But it does look good!

Ā 

Ā 

I like the ride height and extra clearance, so I wouldn't lower it unless I can get a kick ass airbag suspension.

Ā 

Lower it just a bit for better aerodynamics and handling on the highway, or drop it to the ground for easy entry / loading, raise it up when you need ground clearance. ... I would love to be able to park it on its belly (let's see a tow truck get under that :lol: )

looks nice Speeder, I've been considering lowering my edge, but I have a sports car already (S2000) I don't want to mess with the ride comfort.

Someday there will be one in So Cal I can do a ride along and see for my self

I have a 255/50/20 to fill in the wheel well, still not enough

found them online for $243, theor website say 1.7 front 1.3 lower rear

Ā 

Eibach Springs SUV Pro-Kit Performance Lowering Kit , Part No. 35117.540

stock spring, flex 20"

med_gallery_9357_237_462791.jpg

Edited by Picturepro

it would be easier if you had just the profile shot. Then we can compare to ours.

Ā 

I'd like to lower my but dont want to compromise the ride quality.

Ā 

To lower it and not compromise (at least as much) ride quality, you would need a really good set of dampers. Ideally, they would be tuned for the weight of the wheels and the new spring rate. I've heard some awesome things about Koni FSD, but not sure if they have one for this application.

Ā 

EDIT: looks like no Koni FSDs for now... too bad since Tire Rack is having a 20% off on these right now.

Edited by cal3thousand

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks really good, how much did you drop it? what size rims do you have? Is there any diff in the Gas Mileage? I just got mine and i am wanting to get some different rims and lower it a litte, it feels like that to me like it sways real easy.

Ā 

About 1.5" in the front and 1" in the back. The wheels are 22". No difference in gas mileage. The springs do help. It does seem to tighten up the suspension a little. A set of thicker sway bars would help more if someone would come out with a set.

I been tryin to look into rims I had 22" on my magnum I traded for my edge loved my rims but it was terrify me to drive when it rained, it would hydroplane non stop. I want it to look good but still be ok to drive with my baby so im not sure if I should go a little smaller rims for better tires? It rains alot where I live

I been tryin to look into rims I had 22" on my magnum I traded for my edge loved my rims but it was terrify me to drive when it rained, it would hydroplane non stop. I want it to look good but still be ok to drive with my baby so im not sure if I should go a little smaller rims for better tires? It rains alot where I live