We Need a defect thread on 2011 Ford Edge

MySyncSuks

Just to let everyone know,I just got my 2011 Ford edge Sport Awd totally loaded every option( even the cargo mats)

Purchased Jan.29 2011 (Long Island New York ) I received it on March 22 2011

I haven't had it more than 3 weeks and the sync system does not work correctly.

So far:

-Its been to the dealer twice

-Dealer left dvd player wires hanging in back of car..This is sad and sloppy work

-My driver side window was making a noise,now it has a crack starting from bottom going all the way up..Dealer stated this is a recall

- Sync gets stuck,doesn't work.I cannot connect my phone(droid incredible) If i had to save my life.Then when i do,It throws me off

-Voice commands don't work,Navigation doesn't work( I use google on my cell)

-Reverse screen stays on while driving,

-Brakes making noise

-Bluetooth refuses to accept my phone

-Sometimes it says no sd card

and some more.....But i am freeGan pissed.. This Is a New car.This is unacceptable. I already had a loaner for 3 days

P.S. I understand and know about electronics. I know how to do all this stuff but the car refuses. (sounds weird but thats what it is)

ohh, Yeah Btw..when the dealer says they cant find these problems like the reverse camera staying on(unsafe) I recorded these problems on video.

So,If u are buying a new ford edge,I would stay away from it. Its a really nice car,but u are paying for technology and it is not there,,,,

Edited by MySyncSuks

Periodically there are lemons. Sounds like yours is one. As a new car owner with the 3 year/36,000 mile initial warranty, I would be taking it back to your dealer with your documentation of what happens and when. Then bring up there is a lemon law. That is your right as a consumer.

Yes,Its at the dealer.

I have taken pics and video of my problems. I have contacted a lawyer and Tomorrow I will contact Ford directly and The Financing bank...I have yet to pay my first payment.

This Is unacceptable.

From what Im being told ...3 times with a problem and by NYS lemon law...I want my refund...

I know what you are going through. I have a 2011 Ford Edge Sport stored in the garage and babied and the entire My Touch System is on the fritz. It locks up frequently, buttons fade off the screen, and I cannot even get the radio to come on. In for service 3 times already where each time it worked for about 3 days and then quit. I have gotten blank screens, error messages, "Sync Performing System Maintenance", etc. All this tech. and I cannot even listen to the radio or turn on my heated seat or adjust where the heat comes out. Unbelievable. Definitely a victim of Ford's politically correct engineering team. Also, the dealer told me that two of the four rims are losing air due to corrosion of the rims. The Vista roof leaks. The paint has defects - tons of greyish spots and oxidation in it like it was left in a field over the summer or something. The trim is falling off on the drivers side rocker panel. The vehicle is a front wheel drive and 3.7L currently getting only 16.7mpg under normal driving (scared to get on it as something else will break).

Other design flaws include overly complicated My Touch system GUI is a disaster and needs to be simplified, rear window does not open, SEL model is faster than SPORT and gets better gas mileage for thousands less and the dash works, no towing on sport model, vista roof is noisy (air), rain sensing wipers come on in car wash and off switch is many menus away and not memorized as are the rear beeper and traction assist, and more to come I am sure so stay tuned! Of course, I have not been compensated in the least for my troubles with this vehicle either yet the payment still goes out.

Edited by johnc77us

rain sensing wipers come on in car wash and off switch is many menus away and not memorized

I can't speak for the rest of your woes, but you don't have to go through the menu system to turn off your rain sensing wipers. Just rotate the wiper control to "Off" when you are going into the car wash. The menu control is just to switch the wiper system from "rain sensing" to "regular delay" operation but is not required to turn them off.

Edited by viper001

I know what you are going through. I have a 2011 Ford Edge Sport stored in the garage and babied and the entire My Touch System is on the fritz. It locks up frequently, buttons fade off the screen, and I cannot even get the radio to come on. In for service 3 times already where each time it worked for about 3 days and then quit. I have gotten blank screens, error messages, "Sync Performing System Maintenance", etc. All this tech. and I cannot even listen to the radio or turn on my heated seat or adjust where the heat comes out. Unbelievable. Definitely a victim of Ford's politically correct engineering team. Also, the dealer told me that two of the four rims are losing air due to corrosion of the rims. The Vista roof leaks. The paint has defects - tons of greyish spots and oxidation in it like it was left in a field over the summer or something. The trim is falling off on the drivers side rocker panel. The vehicle is a front wheel drive and 3.7L currently getting only 16.7mpg under normal driving (scared to get on it as something else will break).

Other design flaws include overly complicated My Touch system GUI is a disaster and needs to be simplified, rear window does not open, SEL model is faster than SPORT and gets better gas mileage for thousands less and the dash works, no towing on sport model, vista roof is noisy (air), rain sensing wipers come on in car wash and off switch is many menus away and not memorized as are the rear beeper and traction assist, and more to come I am sure so stay tuned! Of course, I have not been compensated in the least for my troubles with this vehicle either yet the payment still goes out.

You have definite justified complaints. Hope it is all resolved to your satisfaction.

• 1 month later...

I received a notice from Ford advising that the Sync has been known to have problems and they recommended that I take my car to the dealer for the upgrade. I had only 2 intermittent problems with the system at that point. I had to take the car to the dealer twice until they could get the "upgrade" done right. And then it didnt work at all nor did my backup camera. Three times the charm. They had it for the entire day. The system worked well for about 1 week. It's acting up again. So, back to the dealer once again!

Other than that, it's an awesome vehicle.

Just to let everyone know,I just got my 2011 Ford edge Sport Awd totally loaded every option( even the cargo mats)

So far:

-Dealer left dvd player wires hanging in back of car..This is sad and sloppy work

-My driver side window was making a noise,now it has a crack starting from bottom going all the way up..Dealer stated this is a recall

- Sync gets stuck,doesn't work.I cannot connect my phone(droid incredible) If i had to save my life.Then when i do,It throws me off

-Brakes making noise

and some more.....But i am freeGan pissed.. This Is a New car.This is unacceptable. I already had a loaner for 3 days

P.S. I understand and know about electronics. I know how to do all this stuff but the car refuses. (sounds weird but thats what it is)

ohh, Yeah Btw..when the dealer says they cant find these problems like the reverse camera staying on(unsafe) I recorded these problems on video.

So,If u are buying a new ford edge,I would stay away from it. Its a really nice car,but u are paying for technology and it is not there,,,,

I know everyone likes gadgets but the smart thing to do is save your money when upgrading electronics in a new vehicle and look to the aftermarket when you get her home. For the amount of money they charge for factory GPS and stereo systems one can get top of the line equipment using the aftermarket. There are some awesome products out there and even the best factory stereo system can't even come close to a custom install. Your ears will love you for it!!!!!

Can you give us some examples for Nav, bluetooth, Stereo, etc?

Thks

Go to crutchfield.com to get a look at some of the newest aftermarket equipment. I prefer Alpine electronics myself but there are lots of great companies out there. Looks like even the lower cost headunits all come with Bluetooth these days. Take a look at some of the Dash mount GPS/Stereo/Bluetooth units. Not sure what Ford charges for the GPS/Premium sound package but $1000.00 plus installation can get you top of the line products in the aftermarket. I just picked up a 2010 Edge and installing my Alpine is gonna be a cake-walk but the 2011 dash looks like she's gonna be tough.

• 1 month later...

So far:

-Brakes making noise

My 2010 Ford Edge Sel has a high pitch whine in the compartment and can be heard from the outside. The service dept at Torrance said it is from the fuel pump and normal so I just have to put up with it. That is a ridiculous answer and even if there isn't anything functionally wrong with the Edge, it wasn't designed to be an enjoyable ride for the owner if we have to listen to whine all the time. It can't be drowned out be music or air conditioning. I like everything else about the Edge, but had I noticed the noise, I WOULD NOT HAVE PURCHASED. Ford, you can do better.

Hmm...my phone won't sync anymore either. I thought it was just my phone.

My 2010 Ford Edge Sel has a high pitch whine in the compartment and can be heard from the outside. The service dept at Torrance said it is from the fuel pump and normal so I just have to put up with it. That is a ridiculous answer and even if there isn't anything functionally wrong with the Edge, it wasn't designed to be an enjoyable ride for the owner if we have to listen to whine all the time. It can't be drowned out be music or air conditioning. I like everything else about the Edge, but had I noticed the noise, I WOULD NOT HAVE PURCHASED. Ford, you can do better.

Hmm...my phone won't sync anymore either. I thought it was just my phone.

Have them check a new one on the lot and see if it makes the same noise (it won't). This should prove it's not normal. If the dealer still doesn't agree find a new dealer. You should get a new fuel pump if it's that bad.