Vanity Plates - anyone get them for your Edge?

Bryce

The sky . . . the moon . . . the mountains . . . the water . . . all out here in California . . . and the BAMR brings it all in . . .

post-825-1190782602_thumb.jpg

Right on!

I may be a north Georgian now but I was born and raised in Florida, by the beach.

Didn't leave till I was 21 and never saw snow till that Christmas morning.

Loves me some sunshine too!! ... and moonshine (both kinds)... and wind... the BAMR is definitely the sheet :)

Ohio too you save on plates

Mine N8WRG

Still not sure where to put the antenna....currently using HT for commute on simplex.

Let me know where you decide to place the antenna. Thought about a trunk type mount on the hatch.

BAMR - no holes in my roof! regardless

Picked my Edge last week. NN1NN is the call here and will be installing "through the

the glass" dual band antenna. As it is a half wave antenna, no ground plane is needed. Not as effective as 5/8 wave but is better than nothing.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ohio too you save on plates

Mine N8WRG

Still not sure where to put the antenna....currently using HT for commute on simplex.

Let me know where you decide to place the antenna. Thought about a trunk type mount on the hatch.

BAMR - no holes in my roof! regardless

2007 Edge SEL+ FWD

I am a ham (NN1NN) but have US ARMY vanity plate. I have "thru the glass antenna" mounted on drivers side far rear window. Of coarse it is only 1/2 wave but is sufficient for VHF and UHF

• 2 weeks later...
2007 Edge SEL+ FWD

I am a ham (NN1NN) but have US ARMY vanity plate. I have "thru the glass antenna" mounted on drivers side far rear window. Of coarse it is only 1/2 wave but is sufficient for VHF and UHF

I'm considering a similar dual-band antenna, mounted on the rear side glass, but was concerned that the tinting is a metalic type, and may prevent a "thru the glass" antenna from working properly. What's been your experience? Which make/model antenna did you install? Any advice is appreciated.

Pete - N4PJL

Virginia

I'm considering a similar dual-band antenna, mounted on the rear side glass, but was concerned that the tinting is a metalic type, and may prevent a "thru the glass" antenna from working properly. What's been your experience? Which make/model antenna did you install? Any advice is appreciated.

Pete - N4PJL

Virginia

My last two vehicles had tinted glass and the MFJ Dual Band antenna worked fine.

I don't believe the tinted windows in the newer vehicles contain any metal compounds.

I mounted the antenna on the drivers side rear (small) window. The transceiver is under the rear seat and the control head is mounted in the cubby hole behind the shift lever.

The radio is wired back to the power module (cigar lighter plug) in the rear of vehicle.

It would be better to run the wires direct to battery which I will do some day.

Good luck with your installation

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
when i got my new honda civic and recieved my plates they actually let these pass.......5exf436!!! i got sooo many hoots and hollers, numbers stuck to my car, random notes on the windshield!!! it was crazy but im going to try and getthem back!! i loved it, it was hilarious.

i'm not really sure who would want 's.e.x faeg' on their license plate, but that's just me! :reading:

hot off the presses ...

very cool :shades: I thought B.C. had different plates now... not that I have seen a lot in my day. is my mind deceiving?

when I was a kid anytime I would see plates that said B.C. (for Baja California) I always thought it meant British Colombia. little did I know :censored:

as for my state personally I like the old yellow on black and late 80's "sunset" style name better than the current script. I wish you could special order either one.

Edited by bri719