Vanity Plates - anyone get them for your Edge?

Bryce

very cool :shades: I thought B.C. had different plates now... not that I have seen a lot in my day. is my mind deceiving?

Nope - your still of sound mind.

BC still has blue on white, for must be 10 years now. I guess they figure if you're willing to plunk $100 for personilized plates, they'll add some green mpuntains and the ocean for you ... heh

yes that's a good one :)

I can say with high authority that RED EDGE was not available! however I just noticed a variation is... oh and 12 weeks, ya that's about right I guess. hmm seeing how I ordered mine about 3-4 weeks ago, guess I'll be driving around with no plates for about 2 more months then

Edited by bri719

NOW I have TWO (2) edges (bad pun intended).

Explanation: The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004 is (Federal) Public Law 108-277. It can be found as Chapter 18, United States Code, Sections 926B and C, and became effective 7-22-04 after being signed by President Bush. It allows for the NATIONWIDE carrying of concealed firearms by both active and certain "qualified" retired law enforcement officers.

Until lately, it was more commonly referred to "HR-218", which actually was its bill designation in Congress until it became law. It is now best known by the acronym "LEOSA", and as I'm a retired State Police Captain, I have chosen THAT for my new Edge's personalized registration.

Edited by Captain38
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mine will say Andry and they already have them at the court, except they will not give them to me because supposedly my VIN # is not registered yet with the state with the Andry plates. Something of the sort. They said it will take a month or two before I can pick them up and put them on my car. :-(

I used to have Andry on my first Ford Ranger Splash (red/orange) truck when I was 16 to about the time I was 18. Now I will have them on my Copper Ford Edge. I can't wait. I skipped putting them on my two mommy mobile minivan's that I had. Didn't fit.

My small business is Andry's Photography, so it works just perfect. :-)

Andry

Mine will say Andry and they already have them at the court, except they will not give them to me because supposedly my VIN # is not registered yet with the state with the Andry plates. Something of the sort. They said it will take a month or two before I can pick them up and put them on my car. :-(

I used to have Andry on my first Ford Ranger Splash (red/orange) truck when I was 16 to about the time I was 18. Now I will have them on my Copper Ford Edge. I can't wait. I skipped putting them on my two mommy mobile minivan's that I had. Didn't fit.

My small business is Andry's Photography, so it works just perfect. :-)

Andry

Okay, so, I received my plates and it seems to be the bad luck that I have...nothing I've ordered for my car I have gotten just the way I would want it to be. I never figured the specialty plates too!

They are no longer embossing the letters in the plates anymore. Are they doing this just in TX? I mean, my dealer plates were embossed, why not the specialty plates. Supposedly that is the way things are going to be from now on. But my regular plates that came in before to the dealer are embossed and it hasn't been that long since then.

So, I did something illegal. Since I used to have the same plates many years ago and I had kept one that I had previously lost and then found after the rear plate had already been turned in, I put on my old embossed plate in the rear of my car. Sure it doesn't have the same Texas in Blue (like as the license plate #) and sure it has the little squares embossed on each corner for when we used to use stickers on the plates, but they are empty now and it is the exactly same number (letters) on the plates. So, I hope I don't get in trouble for it. :-)

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have a college vanity plate on my "Ramblin' Wreck"

Georgia Tech. You don't get a choice on the numbers after the GT.

GO YELLOW JACKETS!!! :rockon:

TO HELL WITH DEM LOWLY UGA DAWGS!!! :finger:

Did you see how bad GT beat Miami last night? 472 yards rushing! oops. sorry. wrong forum. GO FORD! :redcard:

post-4471-1227224825_thumb.jpg

Edited by gradywhite

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...