MFT v2.8 update

After 1 week, only issues are:

• Saw 1 reboot ("scheduled maintenance", driving back home from the dealership. The irony is that this reboot seemed to stabilze the system (ex: the startup screen now shows the default "4 corner" display)
  • On every car start, delay of 2-5 minutes before the touch screen becomes responsive. Noticed that finger presses seem to be buffered: when initially touching the screen, no reaction, but when the system is finally ready, I can hear the 2-3 pops in succession corresponding to the previous touches

The delay is annoying, but I could be patient if I knew a fix was coming with 2.10 (?)

So, what's the news about 2.10?

Been away from the forum for a while.

Had my Edge Sport updated to 2.8 back in April.

Your item 2 is my general experience, too.

For the reboot issue, I see this frequently. Sometimes it happens more than once in a day, sometimes I go a week without a reboot.

The most common issue that I see are that the screen remains black with the overlay text for the backup camera for up to a minute after I've gone in reverse. The backup camera comes on immediately now, though, where it was pretty flakey with the older software version. A secondary issue that I see is that the small screen, which I generally leave on the compass, shows "navigation fault - see touch screen" until the navigation system loads fully. This can occasionally take several minutes, though usually less.

On a positive note, I've not had to pull fuse 29 at all since April -- most likely because of the periodic, random system reboots.

-steve

Took my Edge in today for the update. Dealer had called last week and said he was ordering a new APIM and would call me when it came in. Dealer called yesterday and I took it in and they installed the new module and programmed it.

Currently installed:

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.8

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-AM

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AM

Waiting to download 0 items.

Don't really know the reason for the new module as I was not really having any major problems but I wasn't going to question his offer. I had been talking to them about getting the Customer Satisfaction update done and had reported the calendar and clock problem (which I solved my disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes).

Everything went smooth and only took 2 hours once they started the process. Of course it was at the dealer for 4 hours before they started. Glad I got the first day rental on my extended warranty.

All systems including the Nav System appear to be working, and screen response is faster. Tried the voice commands and they do appear to work better. The Sirius channels also appear to be working correctly. Had to reconnect phones and they connected right up.

Don't know what became of 2.10 but the version they installed today is supposed to be the latest as of today.

Right now I am a HAPPY CAMPER and all systems are GO :happy feet:

Edited by curlysir

• 1 month later...

Suppose i wont touch my 2.4 until I really need to. I have had zero problems with my 2.4. With my luck, as soon as I flash upgrade to 2.8 I'll start having issues.

I'm with you on this.

"BT4T-14D544-BE Gen2 - V2.4 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE CI 8/7/2011"

I picked up my Edge SEL last Tuesday. To date I have seen zero problems with my version 2.4

I guess I'll wait for the coming total rewrite.

I got my Edge last October with 1.8. Had problems so got 2.4. Had problems got 2.8 (twice) and a new module. Had problems, got 2.11. Still problems, so I sent emails to 2 lemon lawyers over the weekend.

I had the update this weekend too, but i still have same problems.

I took my Edge Limited in a few weeks ago to get an update. They also swapped out the APIM. For 2 weeks everything was working beautifully but, as seems to be the norm with this crappy software things started breaking again shortly thereafter. Now the bluetooth audio will not work even after deleting and repairing the phone (and forgetting Sync on the phone). Unacceptable and even more annoying because the loaner MKX they gave me (a 2010 without MFT) worked perfectly.

Edit: FYI the update I received was MFT 2.11

Edited by mac35