Pandora App for Edge/ MKX

You can use Pandora on your phone in the Edge. You have to hook up your phone through AUX open Pandora on your phone then select Aux on your Sync and it should work. I use it all the time I have 2011 Ford Edge.

This is what he is referring to:

http://blog.pandora.com/faq/contents/10023.html

It is an actual App that Ford is making for the MFT systems, but it currently is only released on the Fiesta. No ETA on the Edge that I can find.

You can use Pandora on your phone in the Edge. You have to hook up your phone through AUX open Pandora on your phone then select Aux on your Sync and it should work. I use it all the time I have 2011 Ford Edge.

Pandora works fine through bluetooth as well.. even the steering wheel and touch controls; at least that's how it is on my CM7 MyTouch 4G.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know when is Pandora app coming for Edge/ MKX. Also how will it work, thru Sync OR thru your phone.

Thanks for your help

It's not the AppLink solution but it helps....

Pandora updated their iPhone app last night to work better with iOS 5 and cars.

I can now see Artist & Song data via BT Audio. One problem with the BT Audio data is that it doesn't update often enough. Hopefully the Pandora developers can get this fixed.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been surprised at this as well. I thought my MFT system was going to be like an extension of my Android phone. I envisioned a market, all kinds of apps and my cellphone being the modem which would feed the car streaming news, music, and info. I still have a little hope, I guess they have to get the MFT platform stable before they start building on top of it. I hope they don't give up on MFT and it's possibilities.

I've been surprised at this as well. I thought my MFT system was going to be like an extension of my Android phone. I envisioned a market, all kinds of apps and my cellphone being the modem which would feed the car streaming news, music, and info. I still have a little hope, I guess they have to get the MFT platform stable before they start building on top of it. I hope they don't give up on MFT and it's possibilities.

I think hooking in app functionality etc came to a screeching halt once the extent of the MFT software problems were revealed. I fervently hope they look to the app functionality once the MFT program is rebuilt.