Glove Box/Center console lock?

I have an 11 Edge and I noticed that the glove box doesn't have a lock. My old cars glove box had a lock so I got used to keeping my GPS/Ipod in there under lock. Now I'm trying to figure an alternative since the Edge doesn't have any locked compartments..... or does it?? Lol

Any suggestions? I apologize for such a weird question

I have an 11 Edge and I noticed that the glove box doesn't have a lock. My old cars glove box had a lock so I got used to keeping my GPS/Ipod in there under lock. Now I'm trying to figure an alternative since the Edge doesn't have any locked compartments..... or does it?? Lol

Any suggestions? I apologize for such a weird question

It's not a weird question. There is no lock. It won't help anyway. If someone breaks the window or goes to the trouble of getting in some other way, a simple lock won't stop them - they'll just damage the vehicle to get what they want.

It's not a weird question. There is no lock. It won't help anyway. If someone breaks the window or goes to the trouble of getting in some other way, a simple lock won't stop them - they'll just damage the vehicle to get what they want.

Ya. If someone breaks in they may break the lock.

How about the valet that has too much time on his hands?

The locks won't stop a criminal but they may help to keep the "honest" people honest.

VERY good point.

And that leads to the question of kids. I want a place to keep things from my child while she is in the car.

Looks like an aftermarket opportunity

• 3 weeks later...

I can see making a modification or such for the spare tire compartment. At least that may fool some thieves. What about modifying one of those magnetic child-locks that fit to home cabinets? It might be possible to adapt it to the center storage compartment and hiding the magnet should be easy.... just take it with you!

Was thinking the same thing... Something like this:

http://www.kidsafeinc.com/product/71173/Cabinet-Locks-Magnetic-Tot-Lok-Starter-Set.html