Our 2012 Edge is on order!

Signed a deal for a 2012 Edge today. (Yes, they're taking orders for '12s now.) Delivery is early-mid Sept. FWD, Limited, Candy Red, 301A and tow package. 2.0L Ecoboost was a non-starter for us as you can't tow with it (nor would I want to). Deal is tied to a complicated consignment sale for my 2008 Corvette, with guaranteed buy-out price if it doesn't sell before Edge arrives. (Yup, midlife crisis is done. I'm now "over the hill".) Bottomline advice I'll give is to use a buying service if you have one. Takes most of the haggling out of the new-vehicle price. We had USAA (i.e. ZAG), Costco, and AAA available. (X-Plan is a bit better if you have it. A-Plan goes without saying.) With any buying service, you'll hold closer to invoice because the deal starts with the invoice price, not MSRP. Then of course tack on any rebates.

Some additional FYIs FWIW,

1. There's a $1000 promotional rebate" on 2012 Edges already. (Not sure on the coverage area for this.)

2. Candy Red not available until Aug 29th. Tied to the Japan shortages.

Looking forward to a long (I hope happy) relationship with our new baby!

Pat

Any changes to the 2012 compared to the 2011? would be interesting if the 2012 models will have the sync etc. corrected?

That's what we're hoping for as well. Only change they quoted was the addition of the 2.0L engine (which I, in my humble uneducated opinion, think will be an overworked POS, so no thanks). Colors and everything else the same. Invoice price was similar to 2011's. Figured save a model year's depreciation and go 2012, especially since there are minimal changes and buying programs price it right...

Only change they quoted was the addition of the 2.0L engine (which I, in my humble uneducated opinion, think will be an overworked POS, so no thanks).

If tuned correctly, it could be a decent fit in the Edge. When I was vehicle shopping I drove an Audi Q5 with their 2.0T and was actually very surprised at how much I didn't hate it. Granted, it was mated to an excellent 8 speed automatic trans and Audi has been turbocharging engines forever, but if Ford tunes their new 2.0T correctly and adjusts the shift points to keep it in the torque curve, it will suck a lot less than you might think.

If tuned correctly, it could be a decent fit in the Edge. When I was vehicle shopping I drove an Audi Q5 with their 2.0T and was actually very surprised at how much I didn't hate it. Granted, it was mated to an excellent 8 speed automatic trans and Audi has been turbocharging engines forever, but if Ford tunes their new 2.0T correctly and adjusts the shift points to keep it in the torque curve, it will suck a lot less than you might think.

True enough Dave. Hopefully, Ford gets their "area under the curve" tuned as well as the Germans. In our case, it was a moot point. We needed the tow package, which wasn't offered with the 2.0L...

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered my 2012 Edge Limited, FWD with 302A Pkg. Dealer indicated delivery should occur in 8-12 wks. We plan on towing Edge behind our motorhome.

Changes for 2012 Edge:

1. Change in exterior colors.

2. 2.0 Ecoboost with inique rocker panels.

3. 10 way drivers & pass. seat on Lmt.

4.Foam baffles in fenders & D pillars to reduce noise.

Just ordered my 2012 Edge Limited, FWD with 302A Pkg. Dealer indicated delivery should occur in 8-12 wks. We plan on towing Edge behind our motorhome.

Changes for 2012 Edge:

1. Change in exterior colors.

2. 2.0 Ecoboost with inique rocker panels.

3. 10 way drivers & pass. seat on Lmt.

4.Foam baffles in fenders & D pillars to reduce noise.

Congrats! 8-12 weeks sounds about right, given all the paint supply issues. Dealer did tell us that "sold orders" like ours go to the front of the line to get painted. That may help keep it closer to 2 months. ...and a motorhome with the Edge in tow sounds like a great combination!

• 1 month later...