Farewell Ford Edge Friends...

Well. I am not sure I went into many details in my personal life but we are expecting our first child this December. (so I have 5 months still) We are also trying to sell a house and buy a new one. The child was unexpected, but we are excited non the less. However, I would have never bought a new car let alone what I did to get into my Edge, lol.

I needed to somehow Drastically reduce my monthly payments so I could be ready for my new $900/month daycare mortgage!!!

Long story shortened...

I went back to my dealer and worked out some sort of crazy deal. I am turning in my Edge and getting a 2006 Ford 500 SEL (pretty loaded other than leather). I really like the car and I actually was able to cut my payments by $200/month. WOO HOO

So, as saddened as I am to get rid of the Edge I am relieved since this will help us out tremendously in the long run.

Sorry I complained so much about my MPG (that was really my only issue) I will miss my Edge and all the looks I got when I drive by people.

Good luck and best wishes to the those I leave behind. Since I am still in the Ford Family, I may check in from time to time to see how you folks are doing.

-Jim

Well. I am not sure I went into many details in my personal life but we are expecting our first child this December. (so I have 5 months still) We are also trying to sell a house and buy a new one. The child was unexpected, but we are excited non the less. However, I would have never bought a new car let alone what I did to get into my Edge, lol.

I needed to somehow Drastically reduce my monthly payments so I could be ready for my new $900/month daycare mortgage!!!

Long story shortened...

I went back to my dealer and worked out some sort of crazy deal. I am turning in my Edge and getting a 2006 Ford 500 SEL (pretty loaded other than leather). I really like the car and I actually was able to cut my payments by $200/month. WOO HOO

So, as saddened as I am to get rid of the Edge I am relieved since this will help us out tremendously in the long run.

Sorry I complained so much about my MPG (that was really my only issue) I will miss my Edge and all the looks I got when I drive by people.

Good luck and best wishes to the those I leave behind. Since I am still in the Ford Family, I may check in from time to time to see how you folks are doing.

-Jim

Hey....no worries.

YOU ARE GOING TO BE A DAD!!!!!!!!

There is nothing better than that.

Congrats!

Congrats!!!!! My wife and I have a 1 month old and it is tough. You might need a less expensive payment just to pay for diapers and baby wipes let alone daycare. Being as dad is awesome!!! I would give up any vehicle for it. Good luck to you and your family. The Edge's will be around for you guys to pick up an '09.

Get used to little sleep :reading:

We actually bought the EDGE because we have twins and needed the room over our Focus Wagon. Believe me I can understand where you're coming from. Fortunately I work from home so once the wife goes back to work I'll be able to look after the girls rather than send them off to the biological warfare training centre that is day care! We have friends who had twins a couple of months before us and they both work and they are pretty much using her income to pay child care! Add to that the number of days both of them have had to take off because the kids have picked up serious illnesses at day care and they're actually thinking of hiring a nanny.

Long story shortened...

-Jim

Jim....congratulations on the impending family addition!

Best regards,

Mike

Jim,

Life, as you know it, is almost over. Live it up! All of its good change though. Once you hold him/her for the first time you will understand. Welcome to the club!

Tips:

-Start a 529 ASAP!!! Invest the money in 5 star companies that pay high dividends and have a good history of raising dividends. NO mutual funds!!

-If you hunt/fish... a lifetime license for a child costs almost nothing in most states if purchased before they turn one year old.

-Childcare can be a tax write off. Talk with a tax planner.

-Smile!!! You're gonna be a dad!!!

Edited by rehtaf

Congratulations on the upcoming addition, I always enjoyed reading your post on all the sites. Sorry your losing the "Edge", but somethings in life are more important. You'll be able to get one in the future (with all the fixes & upgrades). Good luck to you and your family. :yup:

Thanks to all of you. I am very excited.

@ rehtaf,

If you hunt/fish... a lifetime license for a child costs almost nothing in most states if purchased before they turn one year old.
- AWESOME! Thanks I did not know that.

Here is the new 500. I must say, I am really liking this Ford vehicle as well.

DSC02147.jpg

DSC02151.jpg

Long story shortened...

-Jim

Jim, you and i have emailed back and forth on this site and exchanged some info a few times ....i just wanted to say good luck with the baby....i never wanted a child, then i was blessed with a baby girl (who is now 5). She is the best thing that ever happened to me. She is a true "daddys girl". We will miss you and hope you enjoy the "500".....Good luck J!!!

Jim, good luck man...we have corresponded back and forth a few times and just want to wish you luck. My 4 year old "baby girl" was the best thing that ever happened to me. YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THE FIRST TIME HE/SHE LOOKS AT YOU AS YOU HOLD THEM, AND THEY SMILE. I would give up every personnel possesion i have........ for my daughter. Cherish every minute with your son/daughter.

• 3 weeks later...

HELLO TO YOU JIMMYZ< LONG TIME NO SEE AND VISIT to this forum for me! First time back in weeks and I read the bad news from you! Anyway, as long as it's working out fine then it's good news for you! We also have a 2-yr old, but the expenses/ health care etc. are better covered in Canada I believe...so we're good to keep the Edge for now...good luck to you!

We have friends who had twins a couple of months before us and they both work and they are pretty much using her income to pay child care! Add to that the number of days both of them have had to take off because the kids have picked up serious illnesses at day care and they're actually thinking of hiring a nanny.

Have your friends considered having one quit and stay at home with their kids?

Sounds like it would save them money.

Plus, the kids wouldn't get sick nearly as often and they would actually have a parent to raise them.

Win, win, win :yup: