2011 Edge built January 2011

igcitng

I have read there are differences in Edges depending on when they were built. I have been presented a sticker with the date of 1/28/11. Should I be concerned about buying this one? Thanks.

Honestly, I would go for a Job 2 vehicle if you are buying a 2011. They did several enhancements including a redesign of the roof structure to bring the Rollover strength to 4.7x the vehicle weight where it was 3.5x before. Also, the quieter side mirrors were introduced during Job 2.

In fact, if I were to buy right now, I'd wait for the 2012. New side indicator mirrors (blinkers a la Explorer), extra baffling in the D pillars, AND the doors are installed with these super high tech laser guided robots that can get it within 1/10 of a millimeter of where it is supposed to be mounted.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=34721

Honestly, I would go for a Job 2 vehicle if you are buying a 2011. They did several enhancements including a redesign of the roof structure to bring the Rollover strength to 4.7x the vehicle weight where it was 3.5x before. Also, the quieter side mirrors were introduced during Job 2.

In fact, if I were to buy right now, I'd wait for the 2012. New side indicator mirrors (blinkers a la Explorer), extra baffling in the D pillars, AND the doors are installed with these super high tech laser guided robots that can get it within 1/10 of a millimeter of where it is supposed to be mounted.

http://media.ford.co...rticle_id=34721

I agree with you. I was trying to decide between the two. Just this morning I saw an article about all of these changes. They are significant so I think at this point it is the way to go. Not getting a very good deal on an 11 anyway so why sink a bunch of money into one at this time.

I agree with you. I was trying to decide between the two. Just this morning I saw an article about all of these changes. They are significant so I think at this point it is the way to go. Not getting a very good deal on an 11 anyway so why sink a bunch of money into one at this time.

I still see Ford making leaps in quality under Mulally for the next few years especially. So later cars will be only be better. Makes me want to finish this lease (on 4/1/2013) and grab a 2013 or 2014 at that time.

I still see Ford making leaps in quality under Mulally for the next few years especially. So later cars will be only be better. Makes me want to finish this lease (on 4/1/2013) and grab a 2013 or 2014 at that time.

I heard they are doing another redesign for 2014? Won't be able to keep up.

Yep - all that glass on the roof - I am not planning on rolling it. And mine has only been to the shop for an oil change where Wilson went weekly for a while. I am still on mft v1.8 and love it. It is not my iphone, but it works great. My navigation has all the addresses I have put into it, but sometimes my little arrow is off to the side of the road - and there was always a problem with my sirus subscriptions, but they don't work up here in AK anyway, so never bothered to have it fixed. - Maybe that was the root of all your problems Wilson - Sirus? just kidding.

The only thing I have heard from the 12's that I wish I could get is the better front passenger seat. I might have to look into how much it would be to get one. I am glad I don't have turn signals on my mirrors - I don't like them.

• 3 weeks later...