2011 SEL My Temp button

I never noticed but a buddy riding in the car noticed that the my temp button doesn't light up. When you touch it you hear the beep indicating it changed but it doesn't light like the rest of the buttons like rear/front defroster and dual buttons. Not sure if it is supposed to or not, can anyone confirm what theirs does?

I never noticed but a buddy riding in the car noticed that the my temp button doesn't light up. When you touch it you hear the beep indicating it changed but it doesn't light like the rest of the buttons like rear/front defroster and dual buttons. Not sure if it is supposed to or not, can anyone confirm what theirs does?

It should, I have a 2011 sel & it does, hope that helps :)

Definitely not on the touch screen but I thought it did say "my temp". I'll have to double check later. But on the panel below the touch screen there are the two knobs, on the drivers side there is a button that I think says "my temp" with a red button on one side and a blue on the other. If I press this button there is no orange back light, but if I hit the rear or front defroster it does light.

Definitely not on the touch screen but I thought it did say "my temp". I'll have to double check later. But on the panel below the touch screen there are the two knobs, on the drivers side there is a button that I think says "my temp" with a red button on one side and a blue on the other. If I press this button there is no orange back light, but if I hit the rear or front defroster it does light.

There is only one knob on my panel.

As seen on these images

http://www.ford.com/crossovers/edge/gallery/photos/

Edited by wilsons66604

• 1 year later...

In my MKX, the button lights up normally when headlights are on, but when pressing it, the light does not change. I believe that's how it is designed, just like the fan/seek/scan buttons, a single color LED. All what MyTemp does is quickly set your temp to your preset one, its not like an indicator that tells you have a function turned on (like A/C, Max, recirculate...etc).