Paint

scotydog23

Has anybody else had an issue with what appears to be a yellowish stain spot in the White Platinum Tri-Coat Metallic paint? I've tried a cleaner wax and much elbow grease w/o any results.

Thanks for any tips you guys may have for me.

:rockon:[/size][/size]

It could be what some call rail-dust. All vehicles get it but it really shows up on white. Most of my vehicles have been white over the years so I have dealt with it for a loooooong time. I always use a cleaner wax or a claybar to remove it. Google rail-dust when you get a chance.

I picked up a product called Iron X - it's designed to chemically neutralize iron contaminant and fall out residue.

I can't remember where exactly I purchased it as i'm in Canada) but if you google it you'll find it pretty easily.

I had fall-out and contamination in the lower seams of the doors from the factory - i figured it was from metal shavings and filings becoming trapped inside the doors during assembly.

It seems OK now after treating it with Iron-X

Has anybody else had an issue with what appears to be a yellowish stain spot in the White Platinum Tri-Coat Metallic paint? I've tried a cleaner wax and much elbow grease w/o any results.

Thanks for any tips you guys may have for me.

:rockon:[/size][/size]

You wonder where the yellow went when you brush your Edge with Pepsodent.....