Ordering 2012 Edge - SEL or Limited

jeffdelta

Went back and forth on 2011 or 2012 and have decided to order a 2012.

Now unsure on whether SEL or Limited.

If SEL, I would order the following:

3.5 V6 FWD

205A Package

Vision Package

Power Liftgate

Voice Navigation

All Weather Floor mats

If Limited, i would order the following:

3.5 V6 FWD

Drivers Entry package

Vision Package

Voice Navigation

All Weather Floor Mats

The SEL would be:

Base $30,945

Options $4360

Destination $825

Total $36130 MSRP

The Limited would be:

Base $34,800

Options $2250

Destination $825

Total $37,875 MSRP

I am Z-plan so discounts would apply.

Am I correct, for my configuration, that the only difference for me on the Limited over the SEL would be the following:

Upgraded stereo 12 speakers and HD radio

Perimeter Alarm

Intelligent Access Push Button Start

Remote Start

Universal Garage Door Opener

Upgraded 10 way Passenger Power seat vs. 6 way on SEL

Am I also correct the driver memory feature is included in the SEL 205A package, or is it only available on the Limited?

If you had to choose between these 2 configurations, which would you choose? Appreciate all criticisms and comments.

Thanks.

With Z plan the difference is $2100. Am I missing any other differences? Perhaps I am minimizing the value of the differences.

If it's a $1700 MSRP difference I'm not sure why it's a $2100 Z plan difference unless there is a big difference in the markup on the options.

This is from the 2012 Edge order guide under 2012 Limited:

All SEL Content, Plus:

INTERIOR / COMFORT

• Ambient Interior Lighting (front & rear-door map pockets,

release handles, front & rear foot wells, console storage and

front cupholders)

• Appliqué – Unique wood appearance IP appliqués

• Brushed aluminum door-sill plate

• Center-stack finish panel appliqué in high gloss black

• Seats

— 10-Way heated power drivers seat including power

lumbar with drivers memory setting

— 10-Way heated power passenger seat with power lumbar

and recline

— Leather-Trimmed Seating Surfaces

EXTERIOR

• 18" Chrome-Clad Wheels

• Beltline Molding – Bright

• Limited vehicle badge

• Mirrors – Body-color, Manual Folding, Dual Power, Heated

with Security Approach Lamps and Memory

• Tires – P245/60R18 A/S BSW Tire

FUNCTIONAL

• Audio – Sony® audio system with 12 Speakers in 10

locations and HD Radio™

• Ford SYNC® Services – Voice-Activated Communications

and Entertainment System (911 assist™, Vehicle Health

Reports, traffic reports, GPS based turn-by-turn driving

directions and information services)

Note: Traffic, Directions, Information Services receive a

complimentary three year prepaid subscription (one

phone/primary account)

• MyFord Touch™

— 2 Driver configurable 4.2" LCD displays in cluster

— 8" LCD touch-screen in center-stack

— Media hub with USB Ports (2), SD Card Reader & RCA

Video input jacks

— 5-way controls located on steering wheel

• Rearview Camera

• Universal Garage Door Opener

With Z plan it's probably less than $1500 difference. I'd get the Limited, no question.

To me, the Intelligent Access is my favorite feature that I ponied up for. Well worth it if you find yourself carrying many things to your car.

I can't tell you how much time it has saved me regarding fumbling for keys etc when carrying a toddler and laptop etc.

Best part, I lock my door with any body part available (No... I haven't used what you're thinking about... yet) :lol:

I usually use my forearm to touch the lock "bump" when I'm holding too many things. My favorite moment must have been with long sleeves and two arms full of stuff, I couldn't lock my door without putting anything down. So I decided to lean down and use my nose. Best way to lock my car EVER.

I remember the first time I saw the Keyless ignition and intelligent access systems I totally thought it was dumb. Owning a car with it now, as cal3thousand states, it's incredibly handy. I imagine if your cargo wasn't purchased items but kids, it's probably the most awesome thing ever.

Jeff, we went through your exact decision as well. Went with the Ltd due primarily to the upgraded stereo. We did a stereo A-B comparision at a dealer and it was no contest. I'd describe it like a transistor radio vs a real stereo (meaning much better stereo separation in the Ltd).

Edited by Rocky Mtn Brutus

Jeff, we went through your exact decision as well. Went with the Ltd due primarily to the upgraded stereo. We did a stereo A-B comparision at a dealer and it was no contest. I'd describe it like a transistor radio vs a real stereo (meaning much better stereo separation in the Ltd).

Had some good fortune this past weekend and went to my local Ford Dealer and they agreed to buy my just ordered 2012 SEL and I then ordered a 2012 Limited. Very happy with my decision. With z-plan, the difference was only $1800 over my SEL configuration. Thanks again to all here for your help.

Had some good fortune this past weekend and went to my local Ford Dealer and they agreed to buy my just ordered 2012 SEL and I then ordered a 2012 Limited. Very happy with my decision. With z-plan, the difference was only $1800 over my SEL configuration. Thanks again to all here for your help.

Congrats!

That dealer shouldn't have any problem selling the SEL.

Did you stick with the same color combination or did you take the chance to switch it up?

• 3 weeks later...

Just found out my Limited was built 2 days ago and is in transit.

That sounds great. I just ordered a Limited FWD last night (order went in today) and the dealer said that he could get a FWD scheduled immediately, so I'd get it much sooner than an AWD. I figured I'd expect the worst but it looks like your experience was good with getting the FWD Limited fast.

Wow now I feel worried. My dealer still has nothing on my order and this is the 3rd person who ordered weeks after me and cars are built. I wonder if there is something I ordered that is holding up my order? Congrats though!

Has something to do with dealer allocation and priority. I don't know the exact details, but it might be that your dealer didn't have allocation for that vehicle type until the next "batch"

Has something to do with dealer allocation and priority. I don't know the exact details, but it might be that your dealer didn't have allocation for that vehicle type until the next "batch"

I also love all of the random stories from dealers. One dealer told me last Thursday that Ford "sweeps" the orders weekly on Thursday and that if I ordered my order wouldn't go out until the next Thursday. I also would probably not get the Edge until January. Thank you to all the honest dealers out there, but it has to be hard when you hear BS going from other dealers to customers. I can tell you from the customer side that I don't know what to believe and just assume that everyone is wrong :-). It really is unfortunate.

• 2 weeks later...