My S2000 Got Hit.

Out doing an errand yesterday, a woman went a little too far past the stop sign in her Ford Escape. She didn't see me whatsoever and proceeded to back up. :( The damage could of been so much worse though. The woman and I exchanged business cards and I told her that I was a detailer and would try to correct this myself before I would even consider going through insurance. She was really apologetic so I would rather try and fix it myself and spare her the insurance claim.

Time to get out the Flex and see how much can be removed. :-\

DSC_0264-1.jpg

After two passes with the Flex using a yellow pad and Menzerna Power Gloss. The vast majority of imperfections have been removed, however I will be working on it further and the plan is to use a white pad with Menzerna Power finish and then finish up with another white pad and Menzerna Super Finish! Hopefully I'll be satisfied, but I'm a tough one to satisfy when it comes to paint. :)

DSC_0271.jpg

Out doing an errand yesterday, a woman went a little too far past the stop sign in her Ford Escape. She didn't see me whatsoever and proceeded to back up. :( The damage could of been so much worse though. The woman and I exchanged business cards and I told her that I was a detailer and would try to correct this myself before I would even consider going through insurance. She was really apologetic so I would rather try and fix it myself and spare her the insurance claim.

She was lucky to hit someone who can do the fix. But lame to be hit at all.

So the work has been complete, and lucky for the woman, I am satisfied with the outcome and she has avoided an insurance claim. :)

DSC_0278.jpg

You're a VERY nice guy. I would have at least asked her to pay 1/2 of my hourly rate (since you are a professional and the time could be spent fixing someone else's car). Or maybe give you ALL her future business/referrals as a "Thank You".

Either way, I'm glad your car wasn't too bad off. Nice save!

You're a VERY nice guy. I would have at least asked her to pay 1/2 of my hourly rate (since you are a professional and the time could be spent fixing someone else's car). Or maybe give you ALL her future business/referrals as a "Thank You".

Either way, I'm glad your car wasn't too bad off. Nice save!

+1

Very nice of you!

Your expert time is worth $$$

EDIT:

Now I'm inspired to repair my girl friend's car. Those damn garage dors are unforgiving.

Edited by wilsons66604

• 3 months later...

Yes the car came home from the dealer and on blocks for a month while I got the wheels chromed and a couple other mods

are you on s2ki.com?

If you get tired of break dust on the fronts use AP1 pads, little harder compound and very little dust

6 year 8 months and 101,000 miles all is good

I bought the car with the rear spoiler, just wanted a change. So last week added the OE wing, but not the CR diving board.

seeya

Bill

I LOVE mine as well. These cars are such a blast to drive, aren't they? Did you get your AP2 wheels chromed?

Edited by Picturepro

Have contemplated on finding a used g35 that hasn't been beaten to death as my summer car, but having a hard time not buying a used corvette instead...

They are very solid cars. If you get one make sure you get an 07+ for a Sedan or an 08+ for a Coupe as both of them have the VQ35HR engine. Of course the VQ37HR is even better if you want to go newer. Nothing wrong with getting a Vette either. biggrin.gif

If you have any questions on the G just let me know. I'm an Administrator over on g35driver.com as well

Edited by CanuckG35

Yes the car came home from the dealer and on blocks for a month while I got the wheels chromed and a couple other mods

are you on s2ki.com?

If you get tired of break dust on the fronts use AP1 pads, little harder compound and very little dust

6 year 8 months and 101,000 miles all is good

I bought the car with the rear spoiler, just wanted a change. So last week added the OE wing, but not the CR diving board.

seeya

Bill

Nice, they look really good. Yup, I'm on s2ki as well, however I haven't been on there in awhile. Active on way too many forums I guess. Any other pics of your S2K?

• 5 months later...

Nice, they look really good. Yup, I'm on s2ki as well, however I haven't been on there in awhile. Active on way too many forums I guess. Any other pics of your S2K?

as you can see the INDY stickers, I had Danica in my car for her last INDY race

since the INDY race I changed the rear desk spoiler to OE wing and changed the suspension to Bilstien PSS9, love them

another member from s2ki shot this full car, second photo I shot of Danica while I was driving with a 20mm on my D700

Sad day, for the loss of Dan Wheldon's life on that day. We had 10 good laps. One the way out to Vegas my car turned 100,000 miles.

web.jpg?ver=13401314020001web.jpg?ver=13401314020001

Edited by Picturepro