Got my VIN!!!

igcitng

I received my VIN for my new Edge today. Could someone please remind me how to track it? I cannot remember the site and was unable to find one of the threads about it on the forum. Thanks.

Are you on facebook - if you are - you can friend any of the "(fill in the blank) at ford" people, and they can help you track it. Jamie and Marc are the two names I see offering this service the most. Good luck and Congrats!

I got my VIN number today as well. I ordered it on August 17th. The dealer did not give me the VIN, is this something I should request so I can track it myself?

Yep, they can give it to you once they know what it is.

Is there a website that we can track it ourselves? I really do not want to give my vin to someone on facebook to do it for me. I know there are threads on the topic I just cannot remember.

Yep, they can give it to you once they know what it is.

Is there a website that we can track it ourselves? I really do not want to give my vin to someone on facebook to do it for me. I know there are threads on the topic I just cannot remember.

The other website is http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/ but you have to have ten posts on the website to even be able to post in this section and you are just creating a thread to have someone track your vin for you. It is a lot less private if you are concerned about that - at least on FB you are sending a private message. There is no way for you do to do it yourself, unless you work for ford and have access to the system they use. I used the blue oval site and it worked great, but just after that, a lot of rules popped up to help the guy doing it. Follow his rules and he is really helpful, don't and he won't.

What's this now? I had not heard about this. Details???

Ford and the UAW are starting contract negotiations right now. They sent out strike info to employees incase they don't go well. So basically we can expect a strike soon. If they do I might have to cancel my order if it delays it more as I will not put up with this shit. Guess I deserve it for trying to buy American this time.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/11-ford-employee-forum/

Ford and the UAW are starting contract negotiations right now. They sent out strike info to employees incase they don't go well. So basically we can expect a strike soon. If they do I might have to cancel my order if it delays it more as I will not put up with this shit. Guess I deserve it for trying to buy American this time.

http://www.blueovalf...employee-forum/

You ordered yours two weeks after I did so hopefully yours will make it. Mine is on it's way here.

It is unfortunate that this happens when so many people are fighting for jobs. Times have changed and they need to get over it.

You ordered yours two weeks after I did so hopefully yours will make it. Mine is on it's way here.

It is unfortunate that this happens when so many people are fighting for jobs. Times have changed and they need to get over it.

I am hoping to get some info this week or next. Sales guy had no VIN info yesterday. Fortunately only Ford can strike apparently because of the government money given to the other american automakers.