19 inch mustang wheels

gonzmexican

^ thanks for the response..ill check that for sure, and since my uncle lives right around the corner i'll probably grab one of the wheels and bolt it up..

has anyone actually done this? I had a buddy who is on here (he has a 2011 white sport), who put the same wheels on his mercury mariner a while back..I am hoping it will work because my uncle is basically giving me the wheels

FYI Did a bit more digging on this.

The Edge has a +44mm offset. Looks like the 05' Mustang had a 42mm offset.

2mm is probably going to be close enough that you could pass on the edge, but I'd still check the backspacking and make sure you're not rubbing when you're at full lock. If anything, the wheels may just look a hair off sitting in the wells, depending on the design and the tire choice. I'm no pro at this stuff though, so be sure to get them checked out by someone who can verify the mustang wheels are ok for a CUV.

One thing I'd watch for is the Tire Load (assuming the tires are still on there) Rating.

If the offsets are similar (2mm is nothing), then the only thing I'd be concerned about is the center bore. IIRC, the 2007-2010 Edges have a rather large hub diameter, meaning that most likely the center bore on OEM Mustang wheels is smaller and might not fit.... but check it out to make sure.

Found the thread: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/5999-2011-edgemkx-hub-size/

Edited by mrdave

If the offsets are similar (2mm is nothing), then the only thing I'd be concerned about is the center bore. IIRC, the 2007-2010 Edges have a rather large hub diameter, meaning that most likely the center bore on OEM Mustang wheels is smaller and might not fit.... but check it out to make sure.

Found the thread: http://www.fordedgef...gemkx-hub-size/

If this is the case, (that the Edge centerbore is larger) you can just have a machine shop bore out the rims to match the hub.

At least the Edge hub isn't smaller. In that case, you'd need some custom spacers/hub adapters

• 1 month later...

Any update as to how this turned out? I have been looking/thinking of doing the same. I have access to a set of 2010 Mustang GT 19" 5 spoke wheels, and would like to know if they would go on a 2011 Edge.

This is what I have found out:

Both have the 5x114.3 bolt pattern

Both have a 70.5 center bore (so i'm assuming the hub size isn't an issue)

The only thing is I have found that most factory and aftermarkt wheels on the Edge are from a 38-45mm offset, while the mustang wheels in question are a 50mm I think. Normally, if there is no rubbing, I'd assume 5mm isn't an issue..but either way, i'm interested in how this worked for you.

Hi all. :D In addition to diameter, lug spacing, centerbore and offset, you need to know the width of the old wheels and new wheels. Unless both old and new wheels are the same width, the offset spec alone is essentially worthless. You must have both specs for valid fit comparisons.

Once you know both specs, this Wheel Offset Calculator can be used to compare old wheel to new wheel fit - LINK - Wheel Offset Calculator

Good luck. :beerchug:

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 19" premium wheels off an 2010 GT on my 08. I have had no issues with them at all. My Edge has the Eibach Pro-Kit springs to lower the stance a little and improve the ride. I decided to leave the sticky Pierellis on so now this thing really handles. Still rides very reasonable. I just got around to posting a picture of it today in the gallery.

Edited by dtw7227
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I believe 19s are the perfect dimension on both the S-197 as well as SN-95. I don't mind Twenties around the S-197s, however the 19s allow for a bit more sidewall whilst not looking not big enough for the wheelwell. Even though it is just 1", it's a noteworthy distinction on possibly bodystyle.

A 19" FR500 DD could be fairly sweet, however i additionally recall a person publishing a poll a few years back in regards to a potential brand new wheel for the newest Mustangs, that we believed looked fantastic. It had been the 5-spoke design as well as was not a duplicate wheel through what I remember. Does this ring a bell whatsoever? I think said design would be a good 19" contender.

Not that a person asked, but the only difficulty I can see in gaining customers may be the pricing with regard to 19" wheels. I've not looked them upward recently, however i determine they still maintain a premium to more popular sizes such as Twenties and 18s.